Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Colored screen names (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361339)

GuyOnTilt 10-20-2005 12:55 AM

Re: Colored screen names

This is just one more reason for me to dislike Dynasty. I hate how mods are getting so liberal with colour and title changes. It's [censored] dumb as [censored] now.

GoT

Talk2BigSteve 10-20-2005 12:55 AM

PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

chuddo 10-20-2005 12:55 AM

#BDD2DB

Eurotrash 10-20-2005 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, am I the only one who finds these colors grating? The brown, and maybe the purple, are OK. But most of the rest make the post lists look garish to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're not the only one. I really couldn't stand it from the beginning, but didn't really want to say anything in fear of being [censored] or some such business.

it was cool when astro was purple and a couple others had colors, then everybody in M-HS started getting color changes and then it became downright stupid.

Fianchetto 10-20-2005 12:58 AM

Black, please.

LAGmaniac 10-20-2005 12:59 AM

http://www.umass.edu/umhome/images/u...lack%201_0.jpg

GuyOnTilt 10-20-2005 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, am I the only one who finds these colors grating? The brown, and maybe the purple, are OK. But most of the rest make the post lists look garish to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're not the only one. I really couldn't stand it from the beginning, but didn't really want to say anything in fear of being [censored] or some such business.

it was cool when astro was purple and a couple others had colors, then everybody in M-HS started getting color changes and then it became downright stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding!

GoT

Voltron87 10-20-2005 12:59 AM

wow, this is such a bad idea, the colors look awful. the titles are good. the colors are just too loud.

this is just a novelty, in a week everyone will be sick of it and realiez its very ugly. but i really like the new titles thing.

theredwave 10-20-2005 01:00 AM

Brown please.

Talk2BigSteve 10-20-2005 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

And can you change my title to "Mississippi Queen" or "SIIMP" or is that asking too much????

JihadOnTheRiver 10-20-2005 01:02 AM

blue. tx

Dynasty 10-20-2005 01:02 AM

Taking a time out. Thread may be unlocked later tonight.

Dynasty 10-25-2005 06:55 PM

This thread sparked several mod fights in the mod forum over the last six days. The end result, due to a Mat decision, is that all screen names have been returned to their normal color.

Any suggestions on how to stir up another hornet's nest?

Cancuk 10-25-2005 06:58 PM

Pink me.

[censored] 10-25-2005 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread sparked several mod fights in the mod forum over the last six days. The end result, due to a Mat decision, is that all screen names have been returned to their normal color.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh I'll think of something.

Dynasty 10-25-2005 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pink me.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ker/stupid.gif

B Dids 10-25-2005 07:14 PM

Can we name all the anti-color mods so I can accuse them of being humorless fucks?

Dynasty 10-25-2005 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can we name all the anti-color mods so I can accuse them of being humorless fucks?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no mods without green screen names. When you get upgraded to mod, the color change is automatic.

Eurotrash 10-25-2005 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no mods without green screen names. When you get upgraded to mod, the color change is automatic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe he was referring to the moderators whose stance was anti-color change

Dynasty 10-25-2005 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me = Smiley on the left
You = Smiley on the right

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...oker/idiot.gif

Klepton 10-25-2005 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the top forum contributors should each get a color.

like all the mid high contributors can be black, and all small stakes posters will be some type of metro pastel.

Dynasty 10-25-2005 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was one of the fighting topics.

[censored] 10-25-2005 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was one.

Eurotrash 10-25-2005 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me = Smiley on the left
You = Smiley on the right

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...oker/idiot.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hah, that's pretty funny stuff

Voltron87 10-25-2005 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, i need to become the mod of the sports forum already so i can see this mod forum. nolanfan does a great job but at times when hes not online i actually think i could help.

AngryCola 10-25-2005 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

like all the mid high contributors can be black, and all small stakes posters will be some type of metro pastel.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was already attempted.

Also, for the record, I didn't really care about the colors to any great degree. But they were being overused, IMO. As I've already said to a few of the mods, I thought making the site reps. black was a pretty good idea.

I'm just happy the issue is settled and that there is finally a clear 'policy' about it.

Shilly 10-25-2005 07:32 PM

Re: Colored screen names *DELETED*

Post deleted by Shilly

Dynasty 10-25-2005 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Blue, por favor.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ker/stupid.gif

I'm gonna get good use out of this.

TBag 10-25-2005 07:43 PM

I think I'm stickin with the original.

http://www.kennethbehm.com/Images/Se...tarBellyFr.jpg

B Dids 10-25-2005 07:44 PM

What was your reasoning?

The beefs that people had with the color tended to be an argument that I don't think held much water (save for the white/yellow unreadable colors).

[censored] 10-25-2005 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What was your reasoning?

The beefs that people had with the color tended to be an argument that I don't think held much water (save for the white/yellow unreadable colors).

[/ QUOTE ]

I was either for a free for all or a none for all. I thought the free all looked horrible as did many other posters.

B Dids 10-25-2005 08:04 PM

See, I'm not sure that "looking horrible" was a good enough reason. I mean, if we're really that concerned about presentation, there's about 1500 avatars and horrible screen names that need to die too.

I do agree that if it was implemented it shouldn't have been just who knew a mod. (that's what custom titles are for!).

[censored] 10-25-2005 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
See, I'm not sure that "looking horrible" was a good enough reason. I mean, if we're really that concerned about presentation, there's about 1500 avatars and horrible screen names that need to die too.

I do agree that if it was implemented it shouldn't have been just who knew a mod. (that's what custom titles are for!).

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is as it is now and was precolor explosion, colors had meaning that benefited 2p2 users. Red meant admin or author and Green meant Moderator. These colors had purpose.

The other colors had no purpose. Thus, I do think it is appropriate to look at issues like forum presentation when deciding their fate. Of course this is all a matter of opinion and can't be argued conclusively in either direction.

B Dids 10-25-2005 08:14 PM

This reasonable approach is going to do nothing for your reputation as a power hungry nazi.

[censored] 10-25-2005 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This reasonable approach is going to do nothing for your reputation as a power hungry nazi.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's ok I'll just ban some people tonight to get to where I need to be.

StevieG 10-25-2005 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that most if not all of these are admin functions, not moderators, but I'll give it a go:

* re-enable signatures
* separate display name from login name so that users can change their names at will
* start a "graemlins" thread, and then add the images posted to the thread as new graemlins

lighterjobs 10-25-2005 11:59 PM

colored names were that big of a deal? that's sad.

Sponger15SB 10-26-2005 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A stick

cassette 10-26-2005 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
* re-enable signatures
* separate display name from login name so that users can change their names at will
* start a "graemlins" thread, and then add the images posted to the thread as new graemlins

[/ QUOTE ]

For the love of God, please do not do any of this. These changes would make 2+2 nearly unreadable.

Crimson 10-26-2005 02:38 AM

white. definantly not crimson.