Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   2nd Date to Outback - Need Advice (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388631)

meep_42 12-01-2005 01:19 AM

Re: 2nd Date to Outback - Need Advice

$$$,

That was my thought, as well. :P

-d

DMBFan23 12-01-2005 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya Im in college with out a car. I wanted a casual place to eat, because I dont want to go straight into baller mode. Shes also 23 and im 18, she lives in and apartment and I a dorm. The Berates were good times and ill take the advice to heart. Keep umm coming.
-Andrew

[/ QUOTE ]

dude if she's 23 and you're 18, don't be thinking about second base, think about how badly she wants to [censored] an 18 year old and make sure you brought your jimmy hat.

DMBFan23 12-01-2005 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is referred to as 5th base

[/ QUOTE ]

The dirty base?

[/ QUOTE ]

the dugout?

DMBFan23 12-01-2005 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Trip Report-
So she picks me up at around 7 and we head our way out to Outback for a casual dinner. The car ride goes smooth w/ fluff talk and what not and the occasional joke or story to make her laugh. We get in the place and I charm her with my witt and humor and it goes by fast. The waitress comes ([censored] one may I add) with the bill 5 minutes late after I asked her to. As she is pulling out the bill I instictivly pull out my wallet, only to find that my female companion has some how already presented the waitress with her credit card. I respond with by putting my hand on the card saying "no i got it, this is my treat to you." she responded with "No you did Ihop and now its my turn" I say "You sure?" She says "Its all good" ***Thank You OOT for not letting me punt this*** As we are walking outside hand around her I am offered a piece of gum so I accept (Another OOT strategy).Previously she has mentioned of a 10 page paper that needed to get finished so I put together that chilling at her place or going out/renting a movie wasnt going to happen. The car ride home chit chat was just as easy and all of a sudden where at my residence building. The car is in Drive and the brake on...
The moment of truth
I look at her and all I can muster is some wrap up line saying" blah blah blah good time blah blah thanks for treating me " then i get out of the car and go inside.
Do i feel dirty inside? EXtremly. Did I punt? Farther then I can see. Berate away
-Andrew

[/ QUOTE ]

"It's not due tomorrow is it?"
"Um no silly tomorrow is sunday"
"Want to come in?"

AEKDBet 12-01-2005 02:34 AM

so you didnt score a makout session in her car

If you keep going out its going to happen, so dont let it plague your mind and don't have another wishy-washie gee-whiz-I-had-a-nice-time moment.

Tell her you'll call her, kiss her on the check, and get out.

You should be in control, and act like you know what your doing.

craig r 12-01-2005 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That must be Nu Skool, cuz Old School is:

1st-Tongue
2nd-T*ts
3rd-Finger
4th-F*ck

[/ QUOTE ]

Or French, Feel, Finger, F*ck

BJ fits in somewhere between 3rd and Home I guess; 'getting there' could be considered a homer by someone with lax standards.

To the OP:
Dude - she gave you frickin' gum.

[/ QUOTE ]

The worst is when you go back to her place and her roommate won't leave her alone. Like, she purposely wants to screw it up for you. This roommate is known as "The Closer". Some are worse than others, the needy fat dependent ones are the Rivera's, but sometimes there will be one that almost succeeds in closing the "game out for you", but decides to go to sleep. These are the Brad Lidge's.

craig

12-01-2005 03:01 AM

Hi M0n3y0nf1r3,

Though getting drunk and calling her is -EV, it is MORE -EV for you to not do this. So, your only hope is to get drunk and call her.

Best Wishes, Bright

meep_42 12-01-2005 03:17 AM

Bright,

You clearly see the genius in this plan.

-d

Barrett's Last Privateer 12-01-2005 06:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
she gave you gum, dude

[/ QUOTE ]

May I suggest SGYGD as a poor man's YSSCKY?

young nut 12-01-2005 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ya Im in college with out a car. I wanted a casual place to eat, because I dont want to go straight into baller mode. Shes also 23 and im 18, she lives in and apartment and I a dorm. The Berates were good times and ill take the advice to heart. Keep umm coming.
-Andrew

[/ QUOTE ]

dude if she's 23 and you're 18, don't be thinking about second base, think about how badly she wants to [censored] an 18 year old and make sure you brought your jimmy hat.

[/ QUOTE ]

This advice is spot on. Seriously, if she's out on a second date with you, and eighteen year old, she clearly has already made her decision about wanting to poke-and-roll with you.

craig r 12-01-2005 07:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Andrew

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This advice is spot on. Seriously, if she's out on a second date with you, and eighteen year old, she clearly has already made her decision about wanting to poke-and-roll with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, because every woman knows that 18 year olds are the best in bed. It might be the best 1.5 minutes of her sexual life.

craig

GoblinMason (Craig) 12-01-2005 08:02 AM

Don't worry 'Roo. Learning experience. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Craig

12-01-2005 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Andrew

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, because every woman knows that 18 year olds are the best in bed. It might be the best 1.5 minutes of her sexual life.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially with an 18 year old who is too big of a wuss to even attempt a kiss after being given gum, AND getting dinner paid for.

And last I checked, Outback costs about $30 more than IHOP for 2. This alone would have told me that I was going to be doing the horizontal bop in just a few short hours.

Grow some nads, bro. She wants to grab them.

Slow Play Ray 12-01-2005 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That must be Nu Skool, cuz Old School is:

1st-Tongue
2nd-T*ts
3rd-Finger
4th-F*ck

[/ QUOTE ]

good for a minute i thought maybe i just never knew the bases...

craig r 12-01-2005 08:52 AM

Whether I was 16 or 25, I don't think I have ever had a second date with a girl that I didn't fool around with (or at least kiss) on the first date. And I am not one of those guys that will only date a girl to bang her, but if there wasn't some kind of connection, why bother for a second try? Maybe that is just me. In fact, I usually know within the first 30 minutes whether we will at least be fooling around. Most dates that I had went on, it was pretty much assumed (in my head) that we would make out at least. Why else would the girl go out with me? She knows nothing about me other than how I look, so there is obviously some attraction there. I am not saying that I am good looking (well, look at my avatar), but if I met a girl on the subway (public transportation is better than any bar) and the girl agrees to go out with me, she is obviously attracted to me.

I also think it is easier on a first date to not eat at first and not go to a movie. In Portland I took 4 girls rollerskating (they loved that shite), then we ate, and then they always had to come up and "use the bathroom" or "see my workspace" since I am unemployed). Anyways, I don't really know where I was going with this.

craig

p.s. It isn't hard to have a connection with sluts, so maybe all the girls were just easy.

tonypaladino 12-01-2005 09:28 AM

My Hipster Friend,

The girls think you're in a band. We went over this in the RL pic thread. Chicks dig any type of performer. When I was a stand-up comic, I had chicks talking to me that were at least 3 leagues above me.

Slow Play Ray 12-01-2005 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My Hipster Friend,

The girls think you're in a band. We went over this in the RL pic thread. Chicks dig any type of performer. When I was a stand-up comic, I had chicks talking to me that were at least 3 leagues above me.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, YOU were a stand-up comic??

[ QUOTE ]
How many OOT mods does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

5. [censored] starts screwing around but then vanishes, Mat goes up to try but gets his beard stuck in the socket, meanwhile Astroglide is hurling Ninga starts at Mat to try to cut the beard loose, but Dynasty sees a poker card in Mat's pocket and picks up the whole room and moves it to NVG. Commodus gives a thumbs down.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

craig r 12-01-2005 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My Hipster Friend,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, maybe you are right. Man, especially when I lived in Boston after Adrian Brody won the oscar for The Pianist, it was a joke meeting girls. They would almost come on to me, "You know who you look like?" and I would always answer, "No, who?". They would tell me Adrian Brody and I would pretend that was the first time I had heard that. Sometimes they would go off on how good of a movie it was and how great and brave he was in it. And that was pretty much date number 1 on the T (that is the subway in Boston).

craig

tonypaladino 12-01-2005 09:43 AM

I only did it for six months, and I wasn't very good, but compared to most of the idiots that performed at weeknight shows around the city, I was a genius.

craig r 12-01-2005 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I only did it for six months, and I wasn't very good, but compared to most of the idiots that performed at weeknight shows around the city, I was a genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

What city did you do this in? Why did you stop?

craig

tonypaladino 12-01-2005 10:06 AM

This is long, and I really appologize for the hijack.

NYC in 2003. I stopped because the scene is terrible. This city is full of wannabe comics, and the clubs have an ass-backwards way of getting new talent in. The clubs run "headliner shows" with the big established names, and "bringer" shows for the newcommers. In a "bringer" your spot on stage depends on how many paying customers you bring in to see you. Bring in the most, you go on first, bring zero, you don't go on unless the show runs short.

Basically you have to have a minimum of 3 friends pay $10 each to get in and buy 2 drinks just to have a chance at a decent slot. Almost all of my friends being poor college students, it didn't work out.

The club cares ZERO about how talented or funny you are, only how many people you can bring in. Your act could be 7 minutes of farting for all they care, if you happen to have 12 friends buy tickets to see you.

Basically, you have to do the bringers for at least 3 years, then the clubs start caring about how good you are and select the funny comics to open for the headliner shows. You then have to do that for 3-6 years, finally getting paid, but very little, until maybe one day someone will notice you and you'll be the 1 out of 100 to get an HBO or Comedy Central special.

I worked the NY Comedy Club, Stand Up NY and Ha! for six months, begging people on the streets to give my name to the cashier so I could get a spot. At NYCC I even used to mop the floors once in a while just to get a slot. It was terribly depressing and I had just had enough after a few months.

I really wanted to keep doing comedy, but I was sick of the clubs, so me and two other comics started a radio show that was broadcast on a low-watt station in manhattan and was going to be streamed over the internet. Evenually we ran into a crapload of technical problems and the show crashed and burned after 2 months. And so ended my comedy carrier.

craig r 12-01-2005 10:17 AM

Any chance of revival?

craig

4_2_it 12-01-2005 10:17 AM

Tony,

At least you have found a home for your genius in OOT [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

tonypaladino 12-01-2005 10:24 AM

"Any chance of revival?"

Doubtful. It's a LOT of work to keep a routine up.
It's also teribly annoying when people in social situations find out your a comic. they expect you to be "on" and be funny all the time. Nobody's naturally on all the time. any comic you see who can spring something funny off the top of his head, has spent hours and hours writing any memorizing those jokes, keeping them ready whenever he needs them.

I also hated when people would say "Oh, you're a comic, say something funny!" what the eff is that? Do you ever hear "Oh, you're a doctor, do some surgery!" or "Oh, you're a receptionist, answer a phone!"

FishNChips 12-01-2005 02:59 PM

Dear $,

Do not ever refer to yourself as a baller again.

Best Wishes,
FishNchips

Ulysses 12-01-2005 03:17 PM

Tony,

Awesome story. Imagined it was a grind, but did not imagine it was quite that bad to break in.

Are the people who give out flyers in Time Square aspiring comics? What's the deal w/ the five people on the same corner all trying to hand out comedy club flyers?

Interested,
El Diablo

tonypaladino 12-01-2005 06:56 PM

El D,

Yeah, those guys are likely working for the Ha! Club. They each get a stack of fliers with a code number on it and the club totals the number of fliers brought in by customers and determines slots by who brings in the most.

bad beetz 12-01-2005 09:39 PM

I thought I could touch her coutchie spot and that's only second base.... BJ is definitely third.

BTW, what is SIIMP or whatever the [censored] the acronym is that everyone keeps saying?

12-01-2005 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought I could touch her coutchie spot and that's only second base.... BJ is definitely third.

BTW, what is SIIMP or whatever the [censored] the acronym is that everyone keeps saying?

[/ QUOTE ]

While ROFLing reading this thread, I was wondering this myself, thinking it was one of those pointless baseball stats. But after thinking really hard about it, I finally got it, and proceeded to LOL. If I tell you it won't be as funny. And it's SIIHP. Read the thread again and think about it...acronyms rule

StacysMom 12-05-2005 05:06 PM

I feel the need to fill in some wholes in this story. $'s my younger cousin, this chik he's after is my younger sis's roomate.

Decent looking- This girl has a cute face and smokin body. Only issue is acne. Not to disguisting levels, but enogh where you would say, that girl would be really hot if she used proactive.

Baller- its very relative. When you'rere a freshman in college, pulling in 2k/month when everyone you know is making min. wage at crappy resturants or other compus jobs, you're a baller. H/e, stick the kid in a big city, and its a dif. story.

23yo!- I only met her once, but she is not a typical 23yo. Very inexperienced in dating, not the type to be looking for a hook up. Very nice, but equally timid.

$ is a puss. This is true. He has been a little turd basically his whole life. However very nice and considerate also. Only in the last year has he come out of his shell and become outgoing and self confident. I'm shocked he has learned to talk to girls and is going on dates.

Hope this paints a better picture of the situation from which advice can be given. Hopefully $ will give us another update.

Peace

sfer 12-05-2005 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tony,

Back in the day, this was very common. That was because it is only pretty recently that chicks are so gung-ho about sucking cock. It was not too far in the past where many chicks were somewhat reticent about blowjobs. Now it seems like young chicks consider BJs to be pretty much the same as french-kissing. Youngsters today don't understand how good they have it. Also, it was not too long ago that only strippers were so nicely shaved.

Alas,
El Diablo

[/ QUOTE ]

bump

daryn 12-05-2005 05:31 PM

this is funny.. i saw this thread and i was like, outback advice? nice, i will post telling him to get the queensland salad.

so i open the thread and decide to read from the top, then i see my reply, the first one. get the queensland salad.

so yeah, that was pretty much only funny to me.

StacysMom 12-05-2005 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is funny.. i saw this thread and i was like, outback advice? nice, i will post telling him to get the queensland salad.

so i open the thread and decide to read from the top, then i see my reply, the first one. get the queensland salad.

so yeah, that was pretty much only funny to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny to me too. I actually lol'ed [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]