Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Oh, how sweet it is..... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=96057)

AviD 06-21-2004 03:11 PM

Re: AviD

I didn't take it as snippy...no big deal. I am just uninformed and was lost to making $500 for losing the hand! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Damn bonus promo chasing whores! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

HUSKER'66 06-21-2004 03:14 PM

AviD,

Do you have an account at Stars? If so, come my friend....you can be a whore too!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Husker (rookie whore, but learning fast)

AviD 06-21-2004 03:15 PM

Yeah, but I never use it anymore since consolidating my BR. I might have to drop $1.57 into my account just to whore around.

I figure by the time I get home, someone may have hit the jackpot already.

BTW, what made that hand # worth $500?

thomastem 06-21-2004 03:17 PM

Wait a second! Stop!

I need to know what you guys think about certain colleges that still run the wishbone offense.

HUSKER'66 06-21-2004 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, what made that hand # worth $500?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was hand # 499,400,000. They pay out for every 100k hands until they reach 500,000,000.

Husker

HUSKER'66 06-21-2004 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I need to know what you guys think about certain colleges that still run the wishbone offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I obviously like it. It worked for us for......oh the last forty years. Alas, I'm afraid the wishbone is a dying breed. With all the teams wanting to go to the air game, power offenses with the option being their main weapon and killing the clock while steadily trudging down the field may have gone the way of the dinosaur.

I guess the saying goes, "if you can't beat 'em more than 9 times a year, then join 'em". [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Husker

thomastem 06-21-2004 03:45 PM

I like good ole power football myself but this offense doesn't properly prepair players for the pros. Even OL just doesn't get enough reps in practice or games to work on pass protection.

Remember the days of Earl Campbell? Now that is power football. By the way what does Stars have to do with football?

Steph Djordjevic 06-21-2004 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like good ole power football myself but this offense doesn't properly prepair players for the pros. Even OL just doesn't get enough reps in practice or games to work on pass protection.

Remember the days of Earl Campbell? Now that is power football. By the way what does Stars have to do with football?

[/ QUOTE ]

My team, the Ampipe Bulldogs, didn't need power football to win. We had a quarterback named "Rifleman" who lived up to his name. So, we were pretty much the fun and gun, which is unusual for a dying Pennsylvania steel town. Our recipe for sucess was to jump out to an early lead, then hold stout with a 5'4" cornerback (me) as the "Keystone" of the "D."

Well, you know the story: yadda, yadda, yadda, I get kicked off the team; - yadda, yadda, yadda, having troubles with the girlfriend; yadda, yadda, yadda, now I have to make all the right moves to get my life back on track.

Reminds me of some guys from a neighboring town, Michael Vronsky and his buddies Nick and Steven. They are like schoolmates, hanging out in a local bar and enjoying weekends of deer-hunting. Michael and Nick are also both in love with Linda, who seems to juggle both of the men. But their placid life is soon to be changed after they are enlisted in the airborne infantry of Vietnam. So they all celebrate a goodbye at Steven's wedding and they leave to Vietnam, where they are captured by the enemy and forced to play a game of Russian Roulette. They escape and return home, but their lives are forever changed. Nick stays in Vietnam, Michael returns to Linda, and Steven is handicapped after losing a leg in the war.

Just something to think about.

Bump-en-Stein 06-22-2004 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I guess the saying goes, "if you can't beat 'em more than 9 times a year, then join 'em". [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Husker

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, we know the Oklahoma Sooners didn't come up with this saying...they play Texas only once a year! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

thomastem 06-22-2004 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My team, the Ampipe Bulldogs, didn't need power football to win. We had a quarterback named "Rifleman" who lived up to his name. So, we were pretty much the fun and gun, which is unusual for a dying Pennsylvania steel town. Our recipe for sucess was to jump out to an early lead, then hold stout with a 5'4" cornerback (me) as the "Keystone" of the "D."

Well, you know the story: yadda, yadda, yadda, I get kicked off the team; - yadda, yadda, yadda, having troubles with the girlfriend; yadda, yadda, yadda, now I have to make all the right moves to get my life back on track.

Reminds me of some guys from a neighboring town, Michael Vronsky and his buddies Nick and Steven. They are like schoolmates, hanging out in a local bar and enjoying weekends of deer-hunting. Michael and Nick are also both in love with Linda, who seems to juggle both of the men. But their placid life is soon to be changed after they are enlisted in the airborne infantry of Vietnam. So they all celebrate a goodbye at Steven's wedding and they leave to Vietnam, where they are captured by the enemy and forced to play a game of Russian Roulette. They escape and return home, but their lives are forever changed. Nick stays in Vietnam, Michael returns to Linda, and Steven is handicapped after losing a leg in the war.

Just something to think about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you elaborate?