Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   NYC Foodies: My Lunch, it was HUGE! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401348)

dblgutshot 12-19-2005 04:32 PM

Re: NYC Foodies: My Lunch, it was HUGE!

I wouldn't even know how to start eating that. That looks amazing!

WackityWhiz 12-19-2005 04:49 PM

that is awesome. Good call on the avatar, seriously i'm jealous.

guess i'll have to stick with my huge mcdonalds sandwich consisting of 2 double cheeses and 2 mcchickens all at the same time [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] since i live in iowa and all

jnalpak 12-19-2005 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"I hate New York Delis man. They always put way too much damn meat on the sandwich. It's like eatin' a cow with a cracker on either side... I go in and order a Pastrami sandwich and the guy says:

'Can I get you anything else?'

Yeah, a loaf of bread and some other people!!!"

-Mitch Hedberg

[/ QUOTE ]

RIP!

MaxPower 12-19-2005 04:53 PM

That is a hell of a sandwich. Those sandwiches exceed the capacity of the rye bread.

The black cherry is a good choice. Substitute a potato knish for the french fries and you have perfection.

Don't they have a stage deli at The Mirage now?

The stage is Ok, but the top delis are 2nd Avenue and Katz's. Katz's for the pastrami and corned beef and 2nd Avenue for all around kosher food (chicken soup, gefilte fish, kasha varnishkas, stuffed cabbage, etc.)

toss 12-19-2005 05:27 PM

This maybe a stupid question but how do you eat that? My mouth doesn't open that big. Do you only eat the meat until you can fit the sandwhich in your mouth? Do you crush the sandwhich to make it smaller?

jnalpak 12-19-2005 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This maybe a stupid question but how do you eat that? My mouth doesn't open that big. Do you only eat the meat until you can fit the sandwhich in your mouth? Do you crush the sandwhich to make it smaller?

[/ QUOTE ]

I always try the mouth the sandwhich but it never works unless you like mustard moustache ( i dont). After a few attempts i go for the fork and knife.

I'll try the CRUSH method next time i am in the privacy of my own home.

12-19-2005 06:09 PM

sorry but montreal is unbeatable

slamdunkpro 12-19-2005 06:21 PM

I've been to the Stage and to Carnegie's, (and yes I googled Katz's- no map) so to all the New Yorkers - Where is Katz's?
(and yes - I know its on the lower East Side on Houston Street) but what is that near? / how would I get there from Penn Station?

MaxPower 12-19-2005 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been to the Stage and to Carnegie's, (and yes I googled Katz's- no map) so to all the New Yorkers - Where is Katz's?
(and yes - I know its on the lower East Side on Houston Street) but what is that near? / how would I get there from Penn Station?

[/ QUOTE ]

Houston and Ludlow.

tonypaladino 12-19-2005 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From Penn Station take the B or D train to Broadway/Lafayette Street