Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Seahawks prediction (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401319)

Pudge714 12-20-2005 10:17 PM

Re: Seahawks prediction

The Seahawks did what the Chargers did they suffered from lloking ahead syndrome. They figured they would beat the Titans and than go to Indy and play them.
Also they jumped out to 14-0 lead and then took there foot off the accelerator. Then when the Titans took a ten point lead they responded right back, I think you are over reacting.

bernie 12-20-2005 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your second-half assessment isn't any more accurate. During their 10-game win streak, the Seahawks have outscored their opponents by 63 points in the second half. During the 10-game streak, in only one game did the Seahawks get outscored by their opponent in the second half.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im referring to when they play better teams. Not the crap ones that have littered the schedule. Although, SF made a nice comeback in their first meeting.

b

bernie 12-20-2005 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Seahawks did what the Chargers did they suffered from lloking ahead syndrome. They figured they would beat the Titans and than go to Indy and play them.
Also they jumped out to 14-0 lead and then took there foot off the accelerator. Then when the Titans took a ten point lead they responded right back, I think you are over reacting.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's part of my point. They tend to let off the accelerator and let teams back into the game.

We'll see after their 1st playoff game.

b

Jeremy517 12-20-2005 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your second-half assessment isn't any more accurate. During their 10-game win streak, the Seahawks have outscored their opponents by 63 points in the second half. During the 10-game streak, in only one game did the Seahawks get outscored by their opponent in the second half.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im referring to when they play better teams. Not the crap ones that have littered the schedule. Although, SF made a nice comeback in their first meeting.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

They outscored the Giants, Redskins, and Cowboys in the second half also.

BadBoyBenny 12-21-2005 12:23 AM

Carolina will be a tough game for them. If they get anyone else, they should be a big favorite.

This assumes that Chicago and NYG are #2 and 3 and won't see them until the NFC Championship.

If the Steelers lose, these guys will be my team.

Pudge714 12-21-2005 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's part of my point. They tend to let off the accelerator and let teams back into the game.

We'll see after their 1st playoff game.

b

[/ QUOTE ]
In the playoffs teams rarelly step off the gas.

ThaSaltCracka 12-21-2005 07:28 PM

For all the haters

andyfox 12-22-2005 01:53 AM

I still think they're the best team in the NFC. The Giants might be the best on a given Sunday, but the Seahawks have been the more consistent outfit. Really, who, until the Superbowl could beat them in a playoff game? The Giants would have the best chance, and perhaps the Bears. But who else?

lastchance 12-22-2005 01:55 AM

But there's a "Seahawks" choke factor, akin to the "Manning" choke factor.

In all seriousness, the Panthers could beat them if the Seahawks had an off day.

12-22-2005 02:26 AM

What a great season we have. An unbelievable, coulda been 16-0 dominant team in the AFC destined to win the Super Bowl in a game against 3 teams that "can" be good but choke all the time. One of the teams doesn't even know how to score. Hopefully Rex will change that for us though.