Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Deep Stacks, Top Two, and Dry Sidepot (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400930)

fsuplayer 12-18-2005 11:07 PM

Re: Deep Stacks, Top Two, and Dry Sidepot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FF,

There is $5868 in the pot. Your opponent has checked. You have a full house. You have $3291 left.

What am I missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess nothing. I checked figuring that with the dry sidepot I just wouldn't get paid off by any hand I could see villain checking on the river. I figured he'd bet 88 or 89 and that it was obvious I had a boat, so I'd check. Obviously, in hindsight that's retarded and I just wanted to open myself to public excoriation to teach myself for next time. I truly f*cked this hand up, IMO.
Oh, and he had 57 for sucker straight. Not sure if he calls a push, but obviously it would've been worth a try.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, im speechless.

NLfool 12-18-2005 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FF,

There is $5868 in the pot. Your opponent has checked. You have a full house. You have $3291 left.

What am I missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess nothing. I checked figuring that with the dry sidepot I just wouldn't get paid off by any hand I could see villain checking on the river. I figured he'd bet 88 or 89 and that it was obvious I had a boat, so I'd check. Obviously, in hindsight that's retarded and I just wanted to open myself to public excoriation to teach myself for next time. I truly f*cked this hand up, IMO.
Oh, and he had 57 for sucker straight. Not sure if he calls a push, but obviously it would've been worth a try.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, im speechless.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow I agree, I think this is the worst play I've been relayed in sometime.

FoxwoodsFiend 12-18-2005 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FF,

What am I missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, im speechless.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow I agree, I think this is the worst play I've been relayed in sometime.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's as bad as the A2 all-in call w/bottom pair that chuddo posted a while back, but yeah-pretty awful play

durrrr 12-19-2005 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are thinking of checking behind here, then YSSCKY.

Seriously. I have re-read the OP three times because I had the feeling I must be missing something. It's official. I'm not.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are... your missing the interesting part... evidently OP forgot to add this [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

FF: easy push man cmon, vry easy.

durrrr 12-19-2005 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he doesnt unless he views you as awful, dont worry. Still an AWFUL check tho, however i do think he could have JJ/98 here on the river... its just a very small part of his hand range.

FoxwoodsFiend 12-19-2005 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he doesnt unless he views you as awful, dont worry. Still an AWFUL check tho, however i do think he could have JJ/98 here on the river... its just a very small part of his hand range.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't view me as awful. Although he might now that I checked that river...

Prevaricator 12-19-2005 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

start bluffing him now. get to it!

durrrr 12-19-2005 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $

12-19-2005 03:52 AM

twincardouches flop play is almost as bad as your river play.

I think you realize how silly your check is, but still...

There are 9 total hands that beat you, and you check behind?

fsuplayer 12-19-2005 11:42 AM

nh lapoker.