Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   I'm turning jason into a LAG. The AQo test? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398050)

PokerBob 12-14-2005 04:41 AM

Re: I\'m turning jason into a LAG. The AQo test?

IMO this ain't close.

WillyTrailer 12-14-2005 04:47 AM

Welcome to the forum. I'd like to ask you to please stop reading strategy posts and also to never change your mind about this poll [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Muck first and ask questions later.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm...my motto is to raise first and think later; it makes my thinking easier.

-WT

Lost Wages 12-14-2005 11:10 AM

So he could actually be a much tighter raiser then?

Lost Wages

Entity 12-14-2005 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So he could actually be a much tighter raiser then?

Lost Wages

[/ QUOTE ]

Not much tighter, but tighter, yes (in the same way that he could be a looser raiser, but not incredibly loose). I figured he was likely around a 6-10% PFR.

Rob

ResidentParanoid 12-14-2005 12:14 PM

This is just a dumb iso-reraise. 6-10% means he's not doing this much. Fold and move on. You made a mistake. All the posts point to the same thing.

Entity 12-14-2005 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is just a dumb iso-reraise. 6-10% means he's not doing this much. Fold and move on. You made a mistake. All the posts point to the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post wasn't all that helpful -- but I'm not sure if it was meant to be.

Your equity is very rarely bad in this situation (it takes him being much less than a 6% PFR for your equity to ever be a lot worse than "fair share"), you have position, you have initiative, and you've got a terrible player subsidizing any losses in the form of dead money.

Even if you disagree with a 3-bet here it's very rarely a "dumb" isoraise. AFAIC you've got a pretty strong holding here and the opportunity to use it to your advantage.

Rob

12-14-2005 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your equity is very rarely bad in this situation (it takes him being much less than a 6% PFR for your equity to ever be a lot worse than "fair share"), you have position, you have initiative, and you've got a terrible player subsidizing any losses in the form of dead money.

Even if you disagree with a 3-bet here it's very rarely a "dumb" isoraise. AFAIC you've got a pretty strong holding here and the opportunity to use it to your advantage.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you ever cold call here or do you think it's raise or fold?

Entity 12-14-2005 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you ever cold call here or do you think it's raise or fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I 3-bet because I think initiative is going to be at least somewhat helpful in folding 6 outers incorrectly on the flop and occasionally folding better hands (i.e. folding 88 on a KT4 board).

Rob

blumpkin22 12-14-2005 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I 3-bet because I think initiative is going to be at least somewhat helpful in folding 6 outers incorrectly on the flop and occasionally folding better hands (i.e. folding 88 on a KT4 board).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ray "Bones" Barboni: "Let me explain something to you. Momo is dead. Which means everything he had now belongs to Jimmy Cap, including you. Which also means, when I speak, I speak for Jimmy. E.g., from now on, you start showing me the proper f[/i]uckin' respect."
Chili Palmer: ""E.g." means "for example". What I think you want to use is "i.e."."
Ray "Bones" Barboni: "Bulls[/i]hit! That's short for "ergo"."
Chili Palmer: "Ask your man."
Bodyguard: "To the best of my knowledge, "e.g." means "for example"."
Ray "Bones" Barboni: "E.g., i.e., f[/i]uck you! The point is this: When I say "jump", you say "OK", okay?"

Entity 12-14-2005 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ray "Bones" Barboni: "Let me explain something to you. Momo is dead. Which means everything he had now belongs to Jimmy Cap, including you. Which also means, when I speak, I speak for Jimmy. E.g., from now on, you start showing me the proper f[/i]uckin' respect."
Chili Palmer: ""E.g." means "for example". What I think you want to use is "i.e."."
Ray "Bones" Barboni: "Bulls[/i]hit! That's short for "ergo"."
Chili Palmer: "Ask your man."
Bodyguard: "To the best of my knowledge, "e.g." means "for example"."
Ray "Bones" Barboni: "E.g., i.e., f[/i]uck you! The point is this: When I say "jump", you say "OK", okay?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. I think either i.e. or e.g. would work here, though (i.d. = id est, "that is to say..."). E.g. probably would have been better, though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rob