Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Are *'s taking it too far? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397994)

Woolygimp 12-14-2005 12:39 AM

Re: Are *\'s taking it too far?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The common misconception on 2+2 is that it was built for OOT...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not aware that anybody who matters has this misconception.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok it was a bad post...

[censored] 12-14-2005 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would asking someone who has gotten 3 stars to refrain from posting on OOT again work. If they don't adhere to that rule, then you ban from them from the entire network?

[/ QUOTE ]

As I understand it, 3 *'s = banned from 2+2. So basically a person with 2 *'s would be wise to either A) not be a jack ass or B) not post in OOT

Woolygimp 12-14-2005 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would asking someone who has gotten 3 stars to refrain from posting on OOT again work. If they don't adhere to that rule, then you ban from them from the entire network?

[/ QUOTE ]

As I understand it, 3 *'s = banned from 2+2. So basically a person with 2 *'s would be wise to either A) not be a jack ass or B) not post in OOT

[/ QUOTE ]

Well based on the stickie at the top, Isn't it possible for someone to obtain 3 stars in a single reply/post?

Voltron87 12-14-2005 12:42 AM

I am still unhappy that I don't have a 2nd star but astro has me on "1 more strike status". So mods, i'd like the star that I've earned. anything else is just unfair and deceitful to the OOT community who sees my title.

NobodysFreak 12-14-2005 12:44 AM

looking back that's really the only response required.

Eihli 12-14-2005 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well based on the stickie at the top, Isn't it possible for someone to obtain 3 stars in a single reply/post?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying it shouldn't be possible for someone to get banned in 1 post?

Woolygimp 12-14-2005 12:45 AM

Guy's stop bumping this post so it can dissapear before i get a *...

razor 12-14-2005 12:46 AM

Woolygimp,

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and why should we care about people that are capable of making a 3 * post?

12-14-2005 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guy's stop bumping this post so it can dissapear before i get a *...

[/ QUOTE ]

ok

MyTurn2Raise 12-14-2005 12:52 AM

it's a privately funded forum...we make an implicit agreement to abide by their rules for a chance to exchange discourse. If the site management wants the * system, I am willing to put up with it.

I think my star was kinda weak (my post was clearly directed at college students who don't care about the NSFW and it was tame NSFW at that), but am surprised I did not earn two for forgetting the NSFW tag and using OOT instead of the classifieds.