Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Question for the LAGs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394973)

FlyingStart 12-10-2005 08:09 AM

Re: Question for the LAGs

How do you follow up postflop when you raise so much before the flop?

Endlestorm 12-10-2005 03:26 PM

Fire! Fire!

FlyingStart 12-10-2005 03:39 PM

Will this not cause your play to get really preditable and easy to take advantage of? Anyone half decent will KNOW that you don't have a hand over 50% of the time and that you don't have a good hand more than 25% of the time. Sitting left of someone who raises that much and always pots the flop sounds like a sweet scenario to me..

yvesaint 12-10-2005 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mmmmmbet

xorbie 12-10-2005 04:18 PM

Recently I've tried to mix up my play a ton re: open limping or overlimping with a lot of hands I used to raise like AJs and trying to outplay people postflop because they never expect me to have an A.

Raven 12-10-2005 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually open limp with hands like A7s or A5s (if not stealing). Is that good or do you guys find it better to raise them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Open limping them in early position in a real passive game can be good, in an aggressive game as most of the 6 max online games are, its really bad. You will get yourselve with a drawing hand out of position in a raised pot, not a thing you want in nl. So just fold them preflop in early position and raise them first in in late when you want to play them.

beset7 12-10-2005 06:08 PM

I dont understand these stats, if someone could explain it, that would rock...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've just started trying to get a better understand of SD. I'm currently reading Gambling Theory and Other Topics and I'm starting to get it. Since my last big downswing a few months I’ve been very interested in the topic and I feel like many NL players in these forums, including me, have a very thin understanding of these concepts. Once I get my thoughts I gathered I’m thinking of making a big post about it.

Your SD is actually lower then I would expect it to be playing that aggressive. You must be playing pretty TAG postflop?

The extent of what I can do with that stat is calculate your risk of ruin using a projected win rate and the size of your bankroll and depending on how big the sample size is project a WR within a certain range with x% level of confidence. As well as determine what type of swings should be normal/expected if you WR is accurate and what type of swings are statistically unlikely. here is a post in one of the other forums that has the ROR calculations if you are interested.

The main use I've found for it is the aftermention ROR calculations. It's nice to now have a better sense of how much dough I need for certain levels (at a speculative WR for the levels I have less then 100k hands at) to essentially preclude going broke absent tilt, bad table selection or defcon iv type downswing.

BobboFitos 12-10-2005 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I check, bet, raise, call, or fold

BobboFitos 12-10-2005 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will this not cause your play to get really preditable and easy to take advantage of? Anyone half decent will KNOW that you don't have a hand over 50% of the time and that you don't have a good hand more than 25% of the time. Sitting left of someone who raises that much and always pots the flop sounds like a sweet scenario to me..

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont auto pot the flop whatsoever. I check alot of flops, and I rarely bet the full pot. Sometimes I'll overbet. Breaking down my postflop approach would take alot longer then one paragraph [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ahnuld 12-11-2005 01:20 AM

Switch gears