Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   spewing with ace high? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394767)

MicroBob 12-09-2005 07:13 AM

Re: results..

jystal - as others pointed out, 1.7ag-factor is pretty aggressive if you're seeing 50% of the flops....it's kinda passive if you're seeing 20% of them.

Remember, ag-factor is on raising and betting.
If you are checking and calling then your ag-factor goes lower.

So if you are playing 50% of your hands then you have to be raising and betting-out a lot to keep you ag-factor around 2.
Many players who see 50% of the flops will just prefer to check through or almost always call-down because it is usually not going to be a monster-flop for them.

It's my experience that most 50%-flop players are something like 50/6/0.7

POKhER 12-09-2005 07:23 AM

Re: spewing with ace high?

[ QUOTE ]
350, and none, because i'm too busy playing other tables and posting [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

really though, i haven't tangled with him yet this session, i would remember if i had.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol, See this is why i dont advise multitabling untill people get alot more experience and can type fast(Noting down a guy WTSD W/Ace high vs LPP, whilst attempting to play 3other tables taking some fast typing [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).

Anyhow - i dont like your flop raise by the way, i guess you'd though he will fold 60% of the time like he has been over the 350hands hey? Meh but you hold zilch.

waffle 12-09-2005 07:26 AM

i have a lot of 6max experience and i can type fast [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] i just only get reads on villians when i play hands against them and i generally don't keep notes for later sessions. if it someone i play with often i can remember the read. maybe i should work on notetaking..

i raised the flop because i think it's likely i have the best hand on this paired board and i don't want the 3rd guy to come along when he probably has 6 outs.

wowacedude 12-09-2005 08:01 AM

i would raise preflop, but since you didn't i think this is good.

LoaferGee12 12-14-2005 03:28 AM

Just saw this hand in the digest. Why didn't you raise this preflop? Given how you played it, I liked it. Also, you are betting this flop if you don't have that LAG chillin in LP right?

Alobar 12-14-2005 03:34 AM

I raise PF, post flop looks fine to me

EvanJC 12-14-2005 03:35 AM

raise preflop, other than that it's fine

TomBrooks 12-14-2005 05:17 PM

I think so.

POKhER 12-14-2005 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have a lot of 6max experience and i can type fast [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] i just only get reads on villians when i play hands against them and i generally don't keep notes for later sessions. if it someone i play with often i can remember the read. maybe i should work on notetaking..

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by the italic part? you should be noting there actions vs other opponents.

its FREE INFORMATION that can help you(Hence multitabling sucks for reads IMO).

Things such as "slow played flopped set to river", "donk bet turn when board paired BLUFF".

These things you wont lose if you use the note options in party....stars....absolute...ub... well everywhere i think.

How can you lose them?