Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   What else am I doing with these aces?? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393689)

LoaferGee12 12-08-2005 01:41 PM

Re: What else am I doing with these aces??

[ QUOTE ]

If hero bets, I'm not 100% sure about a 2:hearts: calling ALL THE TIME.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, so if he has a 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], he's not going to call 100%. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I'm really not even sure how often he has a 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] here to begin with.

Cancuk 12-08-2005 01:46 PM

bet, check behind river UI. If he c/r's, fold river UI.

danzasmack 12-08-2005 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

100%. If you are behind you have plenty of outs to catch up. Checking behind would be silly.

Aaron W. 12-08-2005 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet

He may fold a flush (unlikely).
Call with a worse hand.
Fold a hand with 9 outs.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

My primary concern is that aggressive villain donked the flop as a semibluff and is now getting ready to check-raise me (there's very little that I'm raising on the flop that I won't plan to follow up with another bet). If he check-raises me, I'll have odds to draw out, but I'll also have put in two bets into a pot that was only 5 bets big when I had the worst hand and only about a 20% chance of winning.

Given your line, you must bet the river if villain only calls.

milesdyson 12-08-2005 02:43 PM

you don't have to bet the river if he calls the turn. he will call the turn bet with hands we beat but also hands that beat us.

if we check here he will likely only bet the river with the hands that beat us, and we are going to call every time. if we bet here we are getting value from hands that don't beat us but have many outs to a chop. yes, the other factor is having to call a check raise, but i believe it's happening less often than you think.

when i first saw this hand i thought you should check through, but now i think you should bet.

Spicymoose 12-08-2005 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet

He may fold a flush (unlikely).
Call with a worse hand.
Fold a hand with 9 outs.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I completely agree. Checking gives him a 20% chance to steal half this pot from you when he is behind. He will call with worse hands. Furthermore, if you check, you are forced to call a river bet. So you end up paying that BB anyway. Also, if you are behind, you will improve 20% of the time. If he check raises the turn, you get to pop him on the river a lot when you do improve.

I think everything is point towards a bet here.

gharp 12-08-2005 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if we check here he will likely only bet the river with the hands that beat us

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't agree with this. I think an aggressive villain will bet the river close to 100% of the time when we check. This includes the times that the board pairs (allowing us to raise).

[ QUOTE ]
when i first saw this hand i thought you should check through, but now i think you should bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too, and I still like checking. I think the donkbet on the flop is a naked [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] a significant percentage of the time, and dodging that check-raise is pretty nice.

milesdyson 12-08-2005 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

if we check here he will likely only bet the river with the hands that beat us

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't agree with this. I think an aggressive villain will bet the river close to 100% of the time when we check. This includes the times that the board pairs (allowing us to raise).

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont think so. if he donked a weak A or K into us he may still fear a better hand that is also afraid of the flush.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too, and I still like checking. I think the donkbet on the flop is a naked [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] a significant percentage of the time, and dodging that check-raise is pretty nice.

[/ QUOTE ]
what [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is he going to check raise us with? Q? J? T? why didn't he bet into us? i just think he is donking the flop with a large range of hands (as many retards at 1/2 do), so we are not getting check raised as often as everyone seems to think. if he wants to call us down with a pair, let's bet now and get his money instead of hoping he bluffs the river for us. let's charge him to draw to the split. if he has a weaker [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] let's get a bet in when we still have a chance to win.

krishanleong 12-08-2005 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

what [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is he going to check raise us with? Q? J? T? why didn't he bet into us? i just think he is donking the flop with a large range of hands (as many retards at 1/2 do), so we are not getting check raised as often as everyone seems to think. i

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Not all flushes raise us here.

Krishan

BigBrother 12-08-2005 04:23 PM

My instinct was to bet this turn.

Lots of SSSH players will donk ANY monotone flop hoping to buy it right there.

Reading all the responses I think it's close. There is a lot to be said for losing more when behind here, so in the future I'm probably checking behind and calling the river.

Especially if villain is a bluffer the check behind will induce his river bluff bet that we would not otherwise get.