Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   An Experiment I Conducted Last Night (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393230)

WackityWhiz 12-07-2005 06:44 AM

Re: An Experiment I Conducted Last Night

hey craig... 2998 posts

you got something in mind [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

12-07-2005 06:48 AM

I took a class on serial murder this semester, and we did a unit on arson. I learned there that apparently cigarettes are useful as a timer controlled fire starting device. We also watched a video of a cigarette that fell into a chair, and timed how long it took before it burned the house down. Less than 5 minutes.

Useless information, I just like sharing.

mike l. 12-07-2005 07:13 AM

"Also feel free to conduct your own experiment and share the results."

i put a lit cig on our couch before i went to bed and it caught fire and burned our whole house down with my family inside. im writing this on a laptop from a nearby starbucks, just wanted to pass on the results, hope they help.

WackityWhiz 12-07-2005 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Also feel free to conduct your own experiment and share the results."

i put a lit cig on our couch before i went to bed and it caught fire and burned our whole house down with my family inside. im writing this on a laptop from a nearby starbucks, just wanted to pass on the results, hope they help.

[/ QUOTE ]

regular or menthol? this is key

mmcd 12-07-2005 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
try it on an old couch

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to burn old couches in the street for fun back in college, and it always took newspaper or a flammable liquid to get them going. I doubt a lit cigarrette would start them burning if drunkenly holding a lighter to them won't.

12-07-2005 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
try it on an old couch

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to burn old couches in the street for fun back in college, and it always took newspaper or a flammable liquid to get them going. I doubt a lit cigarrette would start them burning if drunkenly holding a lighter to them won't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess WVU Alum?

xadrez 12-07-2005 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I once lit a bottle rocket with a blunt while on mushrooms because I didn't think it would happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did the same thing except thing on mushrooms except with a roman candle. Somehow I lit the wrong end and it started shooting the flairs into my chest. I screamed like a little girl.

imported_The Vibesman 12-07-2005 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
try it on an old couch

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No lie, my grandfather died when he got tanked and fell asleep on the couch with a lit cigarette. So they will start burning sometimes.

mmcd 12-07-2005 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
try it on an old couch

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No lie, my grandfather died when he got tanked and fell asleep on the couch with a lit cigarette. So they will start burning sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure it happens, but I think it's more a freak occurance than the rule.

craig r 12-07-2005 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
try it on an old couch

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure it happens, but I think it's more a freak occurance than the rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, we haven't heard from the OP rocket scientist yet.

craig