Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   My First Video (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392483)

sthief09 12-06-2005 08:49 PM

Re: My First Video

vpip

the numbers on the right are aggression frequency, attempt to steal, fold bb to steal. on the bottom are aggression frequencies by street

1800GAMBLER 12-07-2005 01:42 AM

your play seems v. v. v. v. v. v. good on most of these hands. very impressive vid.

DrGutshot 12-07-2005 02:05 AM

Just watching now...about 1:45 in top right table you have AA, bet-3bet call a cap on the flop, check - miss the turn, then check the river and i say to myself 'beautiful check raise' then you just called and i cried on the inside.

-DrG

climber 12-07-2005 02:10 AM

youve inspired me to waste/invest 2+ hours on my PA layout and reading about agg frequencies. thanks

Lmn55d 12-07-2005 02:15 AM

Didn't Josh checkraise the turn, call a 3bet and check the river in that hand?

DrGutshot 12-07-2005 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't Josh checkraise the turn, call a 3bet and check the river in that hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad - my computer is skipping around a bit and it skipped perfectly over the turn action. That play sounds more appropriate.

-DrG

Lmn55d 12-07-2005 02:40 AM

is aggression frequency that new number that Poker Tracker has now? Do you use this instead of aggression factor ? If so, what are the advantages? I'm gonna give some comments on the video tomorrow.

Victor 12-07-2005 03:38 AM

i dont like the 3bet with 89 bottom 2pair.

i woulda checkraised the turn when i hit the set of 8. on a good day against a reasonable player i can find a turn fold.

climber 12-07-2005 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is aggression frequency that new number that Poker Tracker has now? Do you use this instead of aggression factor ? If so, what are the advantages? I'm gonna give some comments on the video tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes its the new number. no its not a poker tracker number.
its an addittional stat PA offers and calculates. search the PA forums and the software forum for "aggression frequency". the advantage is it isn't dependant on vp$ip. so more accurate. only prob is it is a number from 0 to 100 so you need to figure out what that means--presumably through trial and error cause not a lot has been said at least for SH play.

sthief09 12-07-2005 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont like the 3bet with 89 bottom 2pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i did overplay it but i think its at least close. i feel a big part of his range is pair+draw hands that will pay the 3-bet off as well as a river raise

[ QUOTE ]

i woulda checkraised the turn when i hit the set of 8. on a good day against a reasonable player i can find a turn fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

i rivered it and felt that he could check behind