Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Sexton's WPT Commentary (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390681)

Army Eye 12-04-2005 04:36 AM

Re: Sexton\'s WPT Commentary

[ QUOTE ]
Mike and VVP are cool. They're cool because they are themselves and because they each actually have a unique style - from what they say to what they wear. Lon and Norman are losers. They are homogenized. They wear things like black jeans with mock turtlenecks and sportcoats - WTF? Plus VVP gets laid a lot and Sexton is a good player. This really isn't close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that it matters to me how broadcasters dress, but it's funny how Chad busts on just about every player's wardrobe, considering the lame getup that he wears.

12-04-2005 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and to say the guy makes offensive comments - um, yeah, that's what he does. He sits there in the booth dropping the N-word and F-bombs all show long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps he should start doing that.

[ QUOTE ]
VVP just has cliches which are already lame and he never gets any new ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, let's send him a list of new cliches to use.

12-04-2005 10:17 AM

Isn't Norman Chad a poker player? I thought I read somewhere that he plays Omaha and is halfway decent.

Nonononono 12-04-2005 10:18 AM

Bingo, bango, bongo! I enjoy the WPT broadcasts a whole lot, but it is a little creepy to know that Mike and Vince can't see the hole cards while the action is happening. Speaking of "results-oriented," this presumably means that their commentary is informed (and possibly distorted) by complete knowledge of everything that's going to happen.

Fallen Hero 12-04-2005 02:53 PM

I hate the way Mike Sexton just assumes whatever he does is always right (as in, raising every A high hu) and then criticizes players for not doing it.
And he's incredibly results oriented.

12-04-2005 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And he's incredibly results oriented.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

12-04-2005 03:45 PM

Guy pushes with something like an open ended straight draw.
Mike: "and that's a semi bluff at best!"

Yes, because some of the time even if he gets called and hits his draw, he might get hit by a meteor and lose the pot. Only in a BEST CASE SCENARIO does it qualify as a semi bluff.

-Skeme- 12-04-2005 03:47 PM

I only hate Mike when he questions a good poker play. Either he's playing dumb for the audience or he just isn't very good. I hate VVP with a passion because he knows absolutely nothing. If he calls 44 a monster or a "real hand" ever again I will have him killed.

12-04-2005 03:54 PM

There hand names are outrageous. I hope that some day when someone has 69 they'll say its name.

12-04-2005 05:50 PM

"And is he? Yes he is! He's going all in with 5 high!"