Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   You think this is a leak? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389784)

junkmail3 12-02-2005 02:17 PM

Re: You think this is a leak?

[ QUOTE ]
For those advocating giving looser ranges to BB (and SB) I think that's very wrong. At low BIs, 33s included, people simply do not call very loosely when there chip standing can go from ITM to 4th. BB has a lot to lose here and if you havent been pushing like a maniac up until now, then, this push should be very +EV off the top of my head. I wouldnt put BB on maniac calling range ever here.

I couldnt imagine a hand like KT calling here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I was thinking.

If they call and lose, they're in trouble. They don't want to take that chance right now. Not with a shroty.

I think their calling ranges have to be pretty tight here.

Freudian 12-02-2005 02:21 PM

I used to fold this pretty much 100% of the time. Now I push this perhaps 2/3. I am convinced it was a bigger leak earlier.

Shorty doesn't even have to double up for you to get in trouble. All he needs is a walk.

durron597 12-02-2005 02:27 PM

I think I push this, if I have any read whatsoever that these guys aren't calling loose. SB has to worry that the BB will wake up with a big hand behind, and the BB will be crippled if he calls you and loses. What's your image like?

Scuba Chuck 12-02-2005 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I push this, if I have any read whatsoever that these guys aren't calling loose. SB has to worry that the BB will wake up with a big hand behind, and the BB will be crippled if he calls you and loses. What's your image like?

[/ QUOTE ]

Point of the post is not to be tournament specific. I meant it to be more universal.

tigerite 12-02-2005 02:32 PM

In a vacuum I'd push, if that's what you're getting at.

pooh74 12-02-2005 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Point of the post is not to be tournament specific. I meant it to be more universal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would universally push here. Its more of a "drip drip", not a leak perhaps.

Scuba Chuck 12-02-2005 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In a vacuum I'd push, if that's what you're getting at.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, this is a discussion hand. I often think about the bubble in terms of stack management and specifically in terms of relative stack management. This hand was counter-intuitive to me.

durron597 12-02-2005 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shorthanded poker is meaningless without reads. This should be obvious, David Sklansky style*.

<font color="white">*(and it's not close, do you see why?)</font>

bluef0x 12-02-2005 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold there. I tend to put most oppenants on either Loose or Maniac setting. Even under Average setting, SNGPT gives this a +0.2 wich is not enough for a push. So only way you can push in this spot is if you put the two big stacks in the blinds behind you on Tight setting. I think that is very unrealistic, expecially in a $33.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure buddy? Try putting in the correct blinds...

Iffy situation- at first I thought this was an easy push but the more I look at it the more dependent on reads/table image this becomes. If you've been pushing the last few orbits or anyone has said any comments about you pushing- fold easily. If you've been quiet, the shorty has been pushing or getting walks... I push here.

Scuba Chuck 12-02-2005 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shorthanded poker is meaningless without reads. This should be obvious, David Sklansky style*.

<font color="white">*(and it's not close, do you see why?)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you're saying, thus my opinion is that you would say, if my image was _______, then I would act in this fashion, otherwise, I would __________.

I didn't want to talk about, ok, in this situation, I would play it this way because ________.

Overall, mathematically, it's +EV. The magnitude is what through me off. I had not realized this before. In fact, it's so big, I think it's something I need to do more. I agree, if I'm in a war with BB over some trivial suckout earlier, I'm more likely to fold this.