Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   N. Illinois vs. Akron -- Am I missing something? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389298)

12-01-2005 11:58 PM

Re: N. Illinois vs. Akron -- Am I missing something?

[ QUOTE ]
You all just likely saved me from laying it all on Akron.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're very, very welcome. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

ChipWrecked 12-02-2005 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
24-27 NIU with 7:27 left to go.

I ain't sayin' it's over, but I faded everybody at 12.5 and took Akron, and I'm on a huge rush lately.

Good a reason as any to me [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!!!! I bet a million! How much did you get on it? I also won a million on the Bengals this last weekend......

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet my daughter.

12-02-2005 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Uh, Akron barely beat Buffalo (they were the worst team in the country at that time) and got shut out by Army. Shut out. By Army.

I doubt I will take this game. Akron has played better lately, but the win over Kent St. means little because Kent St. lost to Buffalo. Translation: Kent State blows royally. The Ohio win is OK. I watched the Northern Illinois game against Toledo, and my impression is that Northern Ill. and Akron are on completely different levels. I should have jumped on this when it was under 14 (I saw 13.5 yesterday); 2 TDs and a hook might be too much but will look. I most definitely will NOT take Akron.

Edit: I see the spread is now 13. I will be taking Northern Ill. large. G'night everybody.

[/ QUOTE ]

To quote you

[ QUOTE ]
Nice pick. Jackass.

[/ QUOTE ]

12-02-2005 12:17 AM

What an awesome game! I had the second half over and the zips +7 in 2nd half.. Did not need the ending to win the bets but WOW what a game!

12-02-2005 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Uh, Akron barely beat Buffalo (they were the worst team in the country at that time) and got shut out by Army. Shut out. By Army.

I doubt I will take this game. Akron has played better lately, but the win over Kent St. means little because Kent St. lost to Buffalo. Translation: Kent State blows royally. The Ohio win is OK. I watched the Northern Illinois game against Toledo, and my impression is that Northern Ill. and Akron are on completely different levels. I should have jumped on this when it was under 14 (I saw 13.5 yesterday); 2 TDs and a hook might be too much but will look. I most definitely will NOT take Akron.

Edit: I see the spread is now 13. I will be taking Northern Ill. large. G'night everybody.

[/ QUOTE ]

To quote you

[ QUOTE ]
Nice pick. Jackass.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. Very, very good point.

ChipWrecked 12-02-2005 12:22 AM

Tough room.

12-02-2005 01:57 AM

Guess I missed big on this one. I was hoping Wolfe would be unstoppable but Getsy was equally as impressive. Nice win Zips backers.

ChipWrecked 12-02-2005 03:22 AM

In the end I went with psychology, which I know has no place in statistics and math.

I put myself in the Akron team's head. 14 point dogs to a team they beat feels like an insult.

I'm on that team, I'm going out there to stick that line in the smart money's ear. I think it was a sharp motivator for them.

12-02-2005 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also won a million on the Bengals this last weekend......

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll bet you only had them because of my POSTED pick [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]