Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   SS Mod (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388638)

MrWookie47 12-06-2005 05:08 PM

Re: SS Mod

Alright, no one has objected to the plan of promoting W. Deranged while we sit around and gaze at our bellybuttons waiting for someone to say something on the subject of jason_t vs. QTip. I'm going to go ahead and tell him that he should PM Mat for the job at 8 pm tonight (EST) unless someone has a really strong objection before then. In the mean time, say something about whether we should promote either QTip or jason_t.

B Dids 12-06-2005 06:36 PM

I'd still vote for jason_t over Tip, mostly because I think jason is a better poster. However, I'm also his friend, so I'm obviously biased. I think that the limits people play really don't matter much, it's more about their dedication/ability to communicate.

Greg J 12-06-2005 07:11 PM

Nothing against Jason, but I vote QTip.

durron597 12-06-2005 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that Jason is the (slightly) better poster, but he has a more vested interest in medium stakes (I feel like a broken record here). I would not blame him for losing interest in the forum, even if he is active in it now.

astroglide 12-06-2005 07:56 PM

i'm not a personal friend of jason_t. i think he's a great poster and i think he would make a great moderator.

Evan 12-06-2005 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that Jason is the (slightly) better poster, but he has a more vested interest in medium stakes (I feel like a broken record here). I would not blame him for losing interest in the forum, even if he is active in it now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fwiw Jason is a significantly better poster than QTip.

durron597 12-07-2005 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Fwiw Jason is a significantly better poster than QTip.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant in the sense of the ability to write, not play poker.

Whatever, the sstakes lurker will return to the shadows now.

W. Deranged 12-07-2005 03:22 AM

Hi folks,

Thanks for making me an SS mod. It's nice to see all the time I've spent there's been noticed...

As for who additional SS mods, I think Jason would probably be my choice. He is one of the forum's absolute best posters. My only concern would be, as some have noted, that he might spend a majority of his time in Mid and thus not be as active in SS discussions.

Of all the other posters in SS, my absolute first choice would actually be Harv72b, who's long been one of my favorite posters. The concern there is that he's somewhat spotty in his participation, but as far as quality of posts and level of contribution to the forum there are few I would prefer.

Mat Sklansky 12-07-2005 06:45 AM

Who should I remove from that forum, if anyone?

Evan 12-07-2005 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who should I remove from that forum, if anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]
Me.