Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   NCAABB Unranked vs Ranked 11/29 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387301)

11-29-2005 06:27 PM

Re: NCAABB Unranked vs Ranked 11/29

The system may still be right. I'm seeing 81% of bets on the ranked team Illinois. Still sticking with my Illinois play though.

CieloAzor 11-29-2005 06:54 PM

I can't see how UNC will pull this off, but I don't care. I'm on this trend all year long. Just got UNC -1 (-105).

Allin72 11-29-2005 06:57 PM

I have been looking forward to following this trend from the first time i read it posted...but im being a square. All I know is UNC lost their top 7 scorers from last season and Illinois still has Dee Brown, whihc is good enough for me. Im on Illinois +1.5 -110. Hopefully this trend goes 100-1, with this loss being the one

jedinite 11-29-2005 07:27 PM

For what its worth, UNC has what's generally regarded as the top recruiting class this year. They are going to upset a lot of people this year, but they're not going to be consistent enough to get it done long-term.

I think, per Caldarooni's post, that the mechanics underlying this trend likely do not apply here: UNC is not an under-exposed team and are going to have plenty of money floating on their side as a nationally-followed team, not to mention the last-years-champs factor.

For what its worth, I'd stay away from this game entirely, but if you were going to make a play I'd take UNC at home. They are exceedingly talented and very tough at home.

Bodog has this at a pick'em (-110).

asb165 11-29-2005 07:27 PM

This is down to a pick 'em

11-29-2005 07:31 PM

People on here need to stop overthinking sports betting in my opinion. If this trend is hitting at a good %, blindly following it is better than saying you like the trend but finding a reason to go against it. I remember when I first started betting sports. I figured I could look at the lines and bet the obvious games. That is a recipe for disaster. I guess people that get 46% of the games right get enough positive reenforcement to think they know sports betting.

scott8 11-29-2005 07:33 PM

I really think this argument will continue to appear every time the trend warrants betting on a game.

The best move may be to link the post where No Chance explains the trend and move on.

TwoNiner 11-29-2005 07:51 PM

Every year I bet hoops, and follow this trend and cuss myself for not solely playing it and no other picks and each year I wonder if it will be the year it falls off.

MCS 11-29-2005 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I checked Sagarin and it puts them at even, so with the game being played in Carolina -2 or -3 would make logical sense. However, one must look past the early Sagarin "data" in this game dont you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I loooove Sagarin predictor, but I do agree that Sagarin data is weak this early in the season. I think that the line comes from two factors:

(1) UNC is better than most people think.
(2) Illinois is worse than most people think.

Maybe Illinois is a point or two better, but the game is at UNC, so there you go.

EDIT: Indy, I have no idea why you would take Illinois -2 when you could have gotten them at +2 early. There is no way that can be a good bet. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

NoChance 11-30-2005 12:45 AM

0-1 but it's a long season.