Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Is ND really deserving for BCS (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387235)

pokerdirty 11-29-2005 06:29 PM

Re: Is ND really deserving for BCS

[ QUOTE ]
good post.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i know. even I make one of those every now and then. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

and ladies, will you quit bitching about michigan in here? christ there is so much thread hijacking that goes on in here...

MCS 11-29-2005 08:18 PM

Michigan beat Penn State and played close to both Ohio State and Notre Dame. Very few teams in America could have accomplished that. They beat several good teams and had a very difficult schedule. Thinking they're one of the ten best teams (as far as who would be favored in a neutral-site game) is quite reasonable.

People who make the lines take Sagarin's ratings seriously. You should too.

EDIT: TomCollins made a good post on this topic while I was typing this one. Props to TomCollins. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

MyTurn2Raise 11-30-2005 02:42 AM

Didn't Willingham start 8-0 and take an overrated Notre Dame team to a BCS game where the Beavers of Oregon State beat the living piss out of them?

I expect a repeat if tOSU-ND match-up takes place. My $$$ will be on any line less than seven.

As I've stated before, Michigan without Carr is definitely top 10.

Dudd 11-30-2005 03:23 AM

Willingham did not make it to a BCS bowl game, that was Davie's team in 2000. Willingham's team got blown out in the Gator Bowl by NC State.

MCS 11-30-2005 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Willingham's team got blown out in the Gator Bowl by NC State.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at that game. It RULED. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Bulldog 11-30-2005 01:52 PM

If UCLA or Colorado can't get the Nittany Lions into the Rose Bowl, please, puh-LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE bowl selection officials, find a way for PSU to play Notre Dame. I'd love to see us kick their butts by about three touchdowns.

pudley4 11-30-2005 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If UCLA or Colorado can't get the Nittany Lions into the Rose Bowl, please, puh-LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE bowl selection officials, find a way for PSU to play Notre Dame. I'd love to see us kick their butts by about three touchdowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to see that game, but there's no way it happens without massive backroom deals/payoffs between the Bowls. ND and PSU will be the first and second teams chosen by the Bowls to fill their available slots so they won't be able to meet.

otis_nixon 11-30-2005 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Auburns offense is just as leathel as ND plus they have a D to back it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

spelling is fun
so is thinking

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing to know your checking my spelling, I type quick and don't go back and read it for mistakes. sorry if this upsets you

noggindoc 11-30-2005 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Though I think it would only be a 17 point margin of victory for Penn State. If the game were in Happy Valley, 27 points.

ThaSaltCracka 11-30-2005 05:09 PM

Why does everyone think tOSU or Penn State would crush ND? Notre Dame was a reggie bush push away from beating the #1 team in the nation. So for what possible reason can you think that a 5th or 6th ranked team would destroy them? I am thinking it has to be anti-ND bias.