Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   SEA vs NYG, challenges (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386354)

BadBoyBenny 11-27-2005 09:30 PM

Re: SEA vs NYG, challenges

One of the best games I saw all year for many reasons.

andyfox 11-27-2005 09:41 PM

Don't know the answer to your question, Josh, sorry, but just wanted to make a few comments about the game. The announcers were terrible. I didn't understand what they were saying about the 2:07 challenge. Did it come at 2:07 or 1:59, they just confused everybody. And then the guy kept saying, when it was 14-13 Seattle, that if Seattle kicked a field goal, it would make it a "two score" situation for the Giants. Eventually he corrected that.

I'm not a football fan per se, but I thought the game was uber entertaining. Gotta feel bad for the Giants kicker, the 54 yarder was a stretch, but he sure missed two he should have made. Giants seem like a talented young team that just seems to do enough to lose the close ones. Same thing against Minnesota a few weeks ago.

My wife was watching the overtime with me and she said how boring it was with all the challenges. They did slow the game down a lot.

Best part about the game was that it started at 1:00, giving those of us who stayed up late last night, learning from the experts, a chance to sleep in. We expert sleepers can sleep a few extra minutes and extract maximum value out of it.

brettbrettr 11-27-2005 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I hate being a giants fan ):

[/ QUOTE ]

At least it wasn't the playoffs.

Triumph36 11-27-2005 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Think back to 2002.

11-27-2005 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't understand what they were saying about the 2:07 challenge. Did it come at 2:07 or 1:59

[/ QUOTE ]

The play started at 2:07, meaning it has to be challenged by the team not the booth. Its based on when the play started and thats prolly what they were saying in 1000 words.

brettbrettr 11-27-2005 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Think back to 2002.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I remember. *That* was the playoffs. *This* wasn't.

ChipWrecked 11-27-2005 10:02 PM

Damn. Pros aren't supposed to miss three in a row. 'Bye, Feely.

But, the Giants covered, so I don't care. Parlay g[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]t, baby!

Josh W 11-27-2005 10:06 PM

I ate broccoli during the game. Prolly the second best thing I coulda eaten.

J

Eurotrash 11-27-2005 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate kickers ... all of them.
Football would be a lot better without FGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam Vinatieri is my favorite player.

[/ QUOTE ]

he may be one of my least favorite players ever in football.

David Akers 4tw

BWebb 11-27-2005 11:59 PM

Josh, I thought the same thing. However, after they came back from commercial the announcers said that the ref incorrectly said they had challenged twice when they had only challenged once. I wasn't watching the whole game, so I don't know if that was true or not.