Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Foxwoods Dealing Jobs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=384111)

BigBaitsim (milo) 11-23-2005 07:41 PM

Re: Foxwoods Dealing Jobs

I would never consider dealing in a room where they pool tips.

budman 11-23-2005 08:26 PM

Why do you think Foxwoods is run poorly? It's run way better than the Mohegan Sun's room was. I've played at a dozen other card rooms including Las Vegas and Atlantic City.
In my opinion, the best ones there are not run much better if at all than Foxwoods.
I was at Borgata last weekend and there were 60 people on the waiting list for 20-40 and we sat with three empty seats for over 1/2 an hour.
I have found the floor people at Bellagio to be short with customers at times.
Wynn was terrifice, but the action wasn't great.

Rick Nebiolo 11-23-2005 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would never consider dealing in a room where they pool tips.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that Foxwoods is the only game in the area (except for serious private games I'm not familiar with). This person wants to stay in the area, at least for the next few years.

I wonder is there any chance this policy will be changed. I can't see the advantages from Foxwood's perspective, especially where tips are relatively constant i.e., I imagine a blackjack dealer could become semi-rich if he (more likely a pretty she) deals a whale a hot hand - this doesn't happen much in poker.

~ Rick

AKQJ10 11-23-2005 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you think Foxwoods is run poorly? It's run way better than the Mohegan Sun's room was.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Exxon Valdez was also rather better-piloted than the Titanic.

That said, I don't think that Foxwoods management actually sets out to do a poor job; I just think they're caught off guard by the explosion in demand and like most large orgs. don't do a very good job of communication.

It's not that they're awful; it's that they would be so much better if there were competition down the street like in AC or LV.

Army Eye 11-23-2005 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I wonder is there any chance this policy will be changed. I can't see the advantages from Foxwood's perspective, especially where tips are relatively constant i.e., I imagine a blackjack dealer could become semi-rich if he (more likely a pretty she) deals a whale a hot hand - this doesn't happen much in poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have a legit reason for pooling the tips, or so I've read here on 2+2 anyway. Something with do with taxes. My memory is pretty foggy on it.

AKQJ10 11-23-2005 11:23 PM

I also got the impression that part of Mohegan's problem was in the way the floors were scheduling the dealers, and that tip-pooling was seen as a way to diminish the potential for corruption. But as I said, I'm sure others know much more than me about Mohegan's skeletons in the closet.

Michael Davis 11-23-2005 11:49 PM

"(I’m asking on behalf of someone very close to me)"

Rick, I'm still your friend even if you're broke. We've all been there.

-Michael

11-24-2005 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Does Foxwoods require any level of skill whatsoever?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, no...not that I've found.

Rick Nebiolo 11-24-2005 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rick, I'm still your friend even if you're broke. We've all been there.
-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean I can borrow money someday? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick