Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Delgado to Mets (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=383962)

rudedog78 11-23-2005 03:18 PM

Re: Delgado to Mets

Anyone care to tell me why the marlins go get these players and then trade them the year after. Is it just me or is Loria just a [censored] retard (look at what he did to montreal)... this is sad.

bugstud 11-23-2005 03:19 PM

as opposed to Huizenga?

Soul Daddy 11-23-2005 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone care to tell me why the marlins go get these players and then trade them the year after. Is it just me or is Loria just a [censored] retard (look at what he did to montreal)... this is sad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ummm... they had a window and seized the opportunity to try and win another championship. It didn't happen, they have financial troubles, so they trade the player after one year and get 2 great prospects back. If they didn't sign him they wouldn't have these prospects. This is phenomenal management of a "small"-market franchise.

pryor15 11-23-2005 04:31 PM

Is Delgado still staying in the dugout during the national anthem (or whatever that was) to protest the war? I seem to remember that not going over well in NYC and can't imagine it increased his willingness to play there.

looks like it's an all-out firesale now.

Aceshigh7 11-23-2005 04:51 PM

Mets are still gonna suck this year! The Mets are trying to be like the Yankees and just piece together a winning team. It's not gonna work.

Look at last year. Mets overpaid for Beltran and the Astros made the World Series. Hahahahahahahahaha. Enjoy that loser and his overpriced contact.

Voltron87 11-23-2005 05:05 PM

here's my expert analysis: OMAR MINAYA IS A CRAZY PUERTO RICAN!!! MAKE SOME HUGE DEALS AND SPEND SOME MORE MONEY ALREADY MAN!!!

Jack of Arcades 11-23-2005 05:07 PM

It was God Bless America.

pokerdirty 11-23-2005 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Mets are trying to be like the Yankees and just piece together a winning team.

[/ QUOTE ]

James282 11-23-2005 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mets are still gonna suck this year! The Mets are trying to be like the Yankees and just piece together a winning team. It's not gonna work.

Look at last year. Mets overpaid for Beltran and the Astros made the World Series. Hahahahahahahahaha. Enjoy that loser and his overpriced contact.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf? Everybody tries to piece together a winning team. Some people can afford it better than others. The Mets have always had a huge payroll, and have often suffered anyways because their money was spent irresponsibly. I'll be the first one to sign if they ever ask the fans if we want a salary cap, until then, I expect my front office to do everything in its power to bring my team to the World Series.
-James

James282 11-23-2005 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What the Marlins did with Delgado is genius on their end. They only paid him 4 million last year and he's due to make 3 times that this year. They made a run at it, realized that it's unlikely for them to be able to repeat next year, and are restocking.
-James