Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ROME Season Finale (spoilers only if you're retarded) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382338)

Sightless 11-21-2005 01:04 AM

Re: ROME Season Finale (spoilers only if you\'re retarded)

[ QUOTE ]
That it?

[/ QUOTE ]

there is so much more, i dont know many.. i can do some reasearch if u wish, But I have spoken to many history buffs and they tell me its pretty inacurate when it comes to certain characters

samjjones 11-21-2005 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really dissappointed in this resolution of situation with Vorenus and his wife. Completely unsatisfying and it has made me unhappy. I thought this finale was a big letdown.

[/ QUOTE ]
Moral: guy who sells out gets ruined; guy who stays true to himself gets the girl in the end.

And whatever you think about the season finale, you have to admit that the writers have BALLS.

IndieMatty 11-21-2005 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really dissappointed in this resolution of situation with Vorenus and his wife. Completely unsatisfying and it has made me unhappy. I thought this finale was a big letdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hated that part, but I liked the finale overall.

HopeydaFish 11-21-2005 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Line of the episode (Servilia to Atia):

"So you see, the tyrant is dead and you are alone....Would you like some honey water?"

OMG PWN3D!!!!!

Also, did I miss the famous line attributed to Caesar at his death "And you, Brutus?" or was it just not said?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Et tu, Brute?" was Shakespeare's creation. I found the way "Rome" handled Caesar's death to be very realistic.

Edited to reflect that Caesar was asassinated, not Shakespeare

Paluka 11-21-2005 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I found the way "Rome" handled Shakespeare's death to be very realistic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must have missed this part.

HopeydaFish 11-21-2005 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I found the way "Rome" handled Shakespeare's death to be very realistic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must have missed this part.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...d'oh. I still haven't had my morning coffee. Cut me some slack. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ononimo 11-21-2005 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Moral: guy who sells out gets ruined; guy who stays true to himself and murders girl's fiance by repeatedly slamming his head into a post gets the girl in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

lu_hawk 11-21-2005 11:49 AM

Anyone else having On-Demand problems with Comcast? I missed Episode 11 which sounds like it was the best one all season. And my on-demand is only showing up to episode 10 right now.

B Dids 11-21-2005 11:58 AM

They basically id the "e tu Brute" moment non-verbaly. Caeser gives him a look. Frankly- I think if he'd said it, it would have been corny as hell.

I enjoyed this. It lacked the typical over the top feel that other eps have had, but I thought it worked better.

I do agree that the situation with the wife was silly. Especially because now we don't get to see her next season, which is just a tragic loss.

I agree that seeing the look on Octavian's face was amusing.

samjjones 11-21-2005 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Moral: guy who sells out gets ruined; guy who stays true to himself and murders girl's fiance by repeatedly slamming his head into a post gets the girl in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, Pullo is a thug. At least he did not compromise his beliefs to become a prefect and eventually a Senator.