Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   OT: Is winning 1st in 4 out of a set of 8 a grand slam? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379394)

Hellmouth 11-16-2005 11:10 AM

Re: OT: Is winning 1st in 4 out of a set of 8 a grand slam?

[ QUOTE ]
It depends on if they were 4 that you started in a row. Winning 1,4,6,and 8 is not a slam but 1,2,3,4 is. I also feel that 3,4,5,6 is a slam.

[/ QUOTE ]

3456 is a Tiger Slam (like tiger woods wining all four majors but not in the same year)f
EDIT
Damn it I can't believe someone thought of this before me. Must resolve to read all posts before posting.

Greg

tigerite 11-16-2005 11:11 AM

No, a Tiger Slam is when I do a Grand Slam. I've only ever had one though..

fnord_too 11-16-2005 11:15 AM

NO! If you 8 table you are no longer elligible (that has to be spelled incorectly) for the GS, only the whatever the hell it's called when you win 8 of 8.

Freudian 11-16-2005 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NO! If you 8 table you are no longer elligible (that has to be spelled incorectly) for the GS, only the whatever the hell it's called when you win 8 of 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called "highly unlikely, bordering on impossible".

astarck 11-16-2005 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Holy Grail.

11-16-2005 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Holy Grail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh... if you get first 15% of the time, it happens about once in every 4 million sets of eight. I think raptor gets a few of those in a day.

durron597 11-16-2005 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called "highly unlikely, bordering on impossible".

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't there a poker site that gives a million bucks for winning 7 in a row? (I am intentionally leaving out the site name).

astarck 11-16-2005 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Holy Grail.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just thought of a new dilema (although extremely unlikely to occur) related to the OP's question.

Let's say you 10-12+ table. What do you call it if you get first 2-10 or some weird combo like above. If 2-6 isn't a Slam, then is 2-10 anything close to a Grail? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

11-16-2005 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Holy Grail.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just thought of a new dilema (although extremely unlikely to occur) related to the OP's question.

Let's say you 10-12+ table. What do you call it if you get first 2-10 or some weird combo like above. If 2-6 isn't a Slam, then is 2-10 anything close to a Grail? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. If you get 2-10, you got a grand slam from 5,6,7,8 and you get to regret firing up that first SnG. If you 12-table, you can only get a Grail from 1-8.

Christ, you all must play horribly.

AA suited 11-16-2005 02:34 PM

Not as excited about GrandSlams since 10-tabling