Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Pujols' Career Statistics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379149)

ThaSaltCracka 11-16-2005 12:27 PM

Re: Pujols\' Career Statistics

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

good career, I think his body will break down around the same timr Griffey's did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think this?

[/ QUOTE ]just a guess, not particularly based on anything. It is important to remember that guys like Bonds/Clemens are anomally's (sp?), and with the supposed end of the steroid era, look to see players careers to take a more normal pattern.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Hank Aaron's, or McCovey's, whose best year came when he was 31. And second best at 32. And third best at 34 and 35...

[/ QUOTE ]You are a stat guru, right? .......outliers......hello.....?

edited to add: It is entirely possible that Pujols kills it for a while, I was just making a generalization about all players.

bugstud 11-16-2005 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't sure, I figured you were smarter than that but there're a lot of people that doubt his real age.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I still have some lingering doubt. He's disgusting if it's true and only amazing if he's a couple years older.

Jack of Arcades 11-16-2005 05:23 PM

Well, yeah, my point is that when somebody has a weird season they're all WHOAMG STEROIDS~!

Just pointing out how it can be weird.

djj6835 11-16-2005 11:20 PM

I really don't see much of a difference between putting those number up from ages 20-25 or 22-27. It's just as impressive either way.

bugstud 11-17-2005 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't see much of a difference between putting those number up from ages 20-25 or 22-27. It's just as impressive either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he's 25 he possibly gets better the next couple seasons. if he's 27 it's likely this was close ot the best of it. Also, guys without speed tend not to age too well, see giambi, jason

Clarkmeister 11-17-2005 12:03 AM

Led the team in SB baby!

Dudd 11-17-2005 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if he's 25 he possibly gets better the next couple seasons. if he's 27 it's likely this was close ot the best of it. Also, guys without speed tend not to age too well, see giambi, jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only does pointing to one player not make a rule, but Giambi hit 32 hrs this season and OPS'ed .975, above his career average. Not too shabby for a 34 year old.

MyTurn2Raise 11-17-2005 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The beginning of his career reminds me a lot of Frank Thomas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again Clarkmeister, I am in complete agreement with you

Must be the Cards fan in Chicago syndrome