Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Popping the question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378663)

PokerGoblin 11-15-2005 02:34 AM

Re: Popping the question

[ QUOTE ]
You my friend, though, may be the man who's going to lead us through this young millenium.

[/ QUOTE ]

DAH DAH DUN DAH DUN DAH.... CHARGE!!!!!!

I'd be happy to lead the revolution if only it weren't too late for me... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

scotty34 11-15-2005 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ooh, I'm sorry, the answer we were looking for was, "scoreboard at a basketball game".

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly, but does she know this is going to happen first? And did you talk to her dad about it, and tell him to turn on channel 6?

sublime 11-15-2005 02:38 AM

please dont get married sir!

11-15-2005 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ooh, I'm sorry, the answer we were looking for was, "scoreboard at a basketball game".

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta think 80% of the time this happens, the couple is already engaged. Just putting on a show.

PokerFink 11-15-2005 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn, what do parents teach us kids these days

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing. What do you think OOT is for?

scotty34 11-15-2005 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Damn, what do parents teach us kids these days

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing. What do you think OOT is for?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty sad how true this statement is in a lot of cases. I wish I had known about OOT in high school(though I also wish no one in high school knew about OOT).

PoBoy321 11-15-2005 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I gotta think 80% of the time this happens, the couple is already engaged. Just putting on a show.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should hope so. As much as you could love someone, I'd want to be pretty damn sure she's gonna say yes before I ask her in front of a couple thousand people.

InchoateHand 11-15-2005 03:08 AM

I was asked over a sashimi platter in Bali, it worked out. No ring though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

gamblore99 11-15-2005 03:08 AM

Stop encouraging PokerGoblin. That drunken rant made the OP out to be some sort of slave to conformity all for asking a simple question about getting engaged. Most people get married and start a family because they want too. The few people I know that feel otherwise openly state so, and don't make plans to get married.

11-15-2005 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw a clip on the news of a guy proposing at a Wizards game and getting completely shot down, his girlfriend walking away in tears. It was quite hilarious.