Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   OT: Trip Report, The Bike (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378437)

The Don 11-15-2005 05:56 PM

Re: OT: Trip Report, The Bike

Not to start a politcal debate but...

[ QUOTE ]
micro's, how do you say, a libertarian - not that there's anything wrong with that. (As a sidenote, the beauty of being absolutely right about something, as the drug policy reform movement is, is that when properly phrased, your position makes sense and is agreeable to everyone, regardless of political sentiment.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Libertarians are (read: should... if they aren't then they are not real libertarians, perhaps members of the "Libertarian Party") in favor of the legalization of drugs. On the political spectrum they are economically AND socially permissive. Whereas Republicans are (fairly) economically permissive and not socially permissive. Democrats are (fairly) socially permissive and not economically permissive.

citanul 11-15-2005 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
micro's, how do you say, a libertarian - not that there's anything wrong with that. (As a sidenote, the beauty of being absolutely right about something, as the drug policy reform movement is, is that when properly phrased, your position makes sense and is agreeable to everyone, regardless of political sentiment.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Libertarians are (read: should... if they aren't then they are not real libertarians, perhaps members of the "Libertarian Party") in favor of the legalization of drugs. On the political spectrum they are economically AND socially permissive. Whereas Republicans are (fairly) economically permissive and not socially permissive. Democrats are (fairly) socially permissive and not economically permissive.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't see anything contentious or new to any discussion in your post. thus, i don't see why you would think a political debate might arise.

c

The Don 11-15-2005 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Correct.

<---------- Anarcho-capitalist.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want to sleep with Ayn Rand too???? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, Rand would have many issues with Big Wig's philosophy and vice-versa.

Bigwig 11-15-2005 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One would say that Republicans 'were' economically permissive. Until the massive neocon invasion.

*runs away from potential debate*

Manque 11-15-2005 07:19 PM

"I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We
take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week.

But all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified
at a special biweekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs."

durron597 11-15-2005 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We
take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week.

But all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified
at a special biweekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not an old woman, I'm a man!

durron597 11-15-2005 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want to sleep with Ayn Rand too???? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ayn and I disagree on a great many things. She was not an anarcho-capitalist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was making a joke, I really didn't intend for this thread to take any kind of serious direction.

Bigwig 11-16-2005 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was making a joke, I really didn't intend for this thread to take any kind of serious direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, because my post implied an incredibly serious nature.

durron597 11-16-2005 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, because my post implied an incredibly serious nature.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but it led into a discussion of an incredibly serious nature.