Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   river (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377782)

PokerBob 11-15-2005 04:30 PM

Re: River action

[ QUOTE ]
Def a call. Could be something like AK/AQ with A of diamonds bluffing hoping you'll fold a pair. I can't see someone that aggro not raising the flop or turn with a huge draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I 4bet preflop and he slowed down. IMO if he raises on a draw on that board, he KNOWS I am popping him back.

Mackie 11-15-2005 06:20 PM

Re: river

I am check/calling here 90+% of the time.

PokerBob 11-15-2005 06:35 PM

results orientation

canterbury 15/30 9 handed
I am running bad. villain here is very aggro (he 3bet an EP raise from me earlier with 66.) I have never played with him before, but he does have his shirt open to reveal a gold chain and a hairy chest, which I enjoy.

I raise J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG, folds to villain in MP who 3 bets, rest fold, I make it 4 bets, he calls.

Flop HU: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
bet, he calls.

Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
bet, he calls

river: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, he raised, I said "[censored]" rather loud (as i am in a 200BB live downswing and it is rattling me) and called without thinking. He had A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I KNEW I was beat, yet I called. Maybe I am being results oriented, but I cannot see anything I beat calling here. Isn't it better to check and let AK, 88-77 or maybe even AQ bet out? Please set me straight, as everthing is upside down now.

haakee 11-15-2005 07:23 PM

Bet. If the dude is aggro he probably would've raised a flush draw on the flop. Only reason I see to check is to attempt to induce a bluff, but he's probably calling you down with a worse pocket pair and will call your river bet.

PokerBob 11-15-2005 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet. If the dude is aggro he probably would've raised a flush draw on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't see this. I 4-bet preflop. IMO he knows a free card isn't happening.

ErrantNight 11-15-2005 07:31 PM

Re: results orientation

this is an easy value bet on the river. but i think you can fold to the river raise.

blumpkin22 11-16-2005 01:39 AM

Re: River action

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Did you read the board? [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read the board and are considering a 3-bet on the river, you are either a serious donkey or play with serious donkeys that would raise and call a 3-bet with a hand Bob beats.