Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   (Un)Offical "I got badly raped by the Empire bonus" thread (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377526)

mackthefork 11-16-2005 11:13 AM

Re: (Un)Offical \"I got badly raped by the Empire bonus\" thread

[ QUOTE ]
That's not true. There have been many in depth discussions on the sites use of the DOOM SWITCH here. Everyone knows it exists. Early recognition is essential for a winning game. We all take measures to mitigate the DOOM SWITCH effect by immediately signing on and off TEN times to turn it off. It's the only way to play a winning game at online poker sites that have DOOM SWITCH capabilities built into their poker client software.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got this after a recent cashout, of course I phoned Party support, they told me I need to delete the temporary internet files and amend the DOOM_SWITCH* entry in my registry file, then do a cold boot, that solved the problem and i was soon back to pissing away the money I won in SNGs, in NL cash games.

Don't let the bastards win.

Regards Mack

11-16-2005 11:44 PM

Just finished the Empire bonus. Best NL25 table tonight, 25/6. Worst, 14/6. Lost $99.40, so I ended up with a big 60 cents profit net of bonus. My mistake was to throw in a few SNG's "for fun". The $11 SNG's on the skins right now look like the 33's or 55's on Party.

DarthIgnurnt 11-17-2005 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just finished the Empire bonus. Best NL25 table tonight, 25/6. Worst, 14/6. Lost $99.40, so I ended up with a big 60 cents profit net of bonus. My mistake was to throw in a few SNG's "for fun". The $11 SNG's on the skins right now look like the 33's or 55's on Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow I've had the exact opposite experience. Made my first Empire deposit since d-day last month, played exactly 1000 raked hands of 1/2 NL (probably 1200+ hands total). Up $228 + the $100 bonus.

Most of my losing hands were ill-timed bluffs, and I found it extremely easy to steal blinds.

I was spooked after all the talk on this board at how tough the games have become. They're not tougher, they're just tighter ... adjust.

theblitz 11-17-2005 06:10 AM

Maybe it was you who took our money?

11-17-2005 09:14 AM

I hadn't posted on this thread because of the title but since a few more have mentioned it I will too...

I cleared the bonus fairly easily over Sat & Sun playing 25/PL netting $6 plus the $100 bonus.

There are quite a few loose terrible players there that will stay in even if you raise with AA against their K4os and they will stay in against a pot bet to make 2 pair or runner runner flush or something. I just cuss to myself, write a note on them and wait patiently until I can snag em later....

Slow & Steady [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]