Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   64 suited (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376704)

fsuplayer 11-12-2005 09:47 AM

Re: 64 suited

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

This is almost a clear mistake in the party 2k game. The amount of money you can win with hands like this if you have the right aggression postflop makes this an autocall for me, and sometimes I might raise it.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree somewhat. In my experience you are thinking about the times you hit gorgeous flops, not the 15 times in a row you didn't hit even the smallest piece of the board.

However, that's not to say I don't call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are only playing this to flop trips or the nuts, then yes, its a fold pf.

chuddo 11-12-2005 12:42 PM

el d: as played without building a bigger pot on turn and decreasing the stacks, are you still pushing this river?

everyone else: what range are you putting villain on, and more importantly what range of calling % are you putting him on?

Ulysses 11-12-2005 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like this push much better with a missed flush draw.

i would bet 3/4 pot here.

your line looks so strong, I would be shocked if you got a call from one pair here.

[/ QUOTE ]

1886*.75 = 1415.

2472 - 78 - 234 - 567 = 1593.

I would put in that extra 180 every time and think not doing so is just setting money on fire.

Ulysses 11-12-2005 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
el d: as played without building a bigger pot on turn and decreasing the stacks, are you still pushing this river?

everyone else: what range are you putting villain on, and more importantly what range of calling % are you putting him on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I'll push, other times I'll bet half pot. Depends on what's been going on lately.

ggbman 11-12-2005 03:40 PM

Preflop...

Just to be clear, i didn't consider this to be a "standard" call preflop. It's one of those things i was doing to try and keep my opponents off balance, this hand definitly hits the muck some of the time. Additionally, i had been picking up a lot of pots playing draws aggressivly, and on the flop, i just felt confident that he had an overpair, not overcards, so it seemed like a bad spot to get aggressive.

fsuplayer 11-12-2005 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i like this push much better with a missed flush draw.

i would bet 3/4 pot here.

your line looks so strong, I would be shocked if you got a call from one pair here.

[/ QUOTE ]

1886*.75 = 1415.

2472 - 78 - 234 - 567 = 1593.

I would put in that extra 180 every time and think not doing so is just setting money on fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats twice you've caught me not paying attention posting while playing this morning.

i just added it up and agree a push is just fine here.