Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Greatest sports comeback ever! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376542)

jesusarenque 11-11-2005 09:03 PM

Re: Greatest sports comeback ever!

Lance Armstrong wins this easily.

The Red Sox coming back from 0-3 is overrated.

11-11-2005 09:07 PM

For an individual hockey game: The miracle on Manchester. 1982 playoffs, the Kings were down 5-0 to edmonton to start the 3rd period. they tied it in regulation and won it in overtime.

McGahee 11-11-2005 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as much as i hated it (worst sports memory as a child i think, my favorite player was warren moon), i am going to have to say the bills comeback against the oilers in '93... "the comeback"

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of what made that incredible was the fact that Kelly & Thurman weren't even playing. Added bonus points for Houston killing Buffalo the previous week costing them home field advantage, and talking a lot of trash after.

miajag81 11-11-2005 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
#2 Duke at #10 Maryland 2001

Maryland 90 Duke 80 with 1 minute left.

Jason Williams scores 8 points including 2 3's. Nate James hits 2 free throws to tie it at 90 and take the game to OT. Shane Battier takes over in OT and Duke wins 98-96

I remember watching the last minute in complete amazement.

I think this goes right up their with the Red Sox & Frank Reich.

[/ QUOTE ]

PUUUUUUKE

I was at this game. I SCKM afterward.

PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE.

PhatTBoll 11-11-2005 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
as much as i hated it (worst sports memory as a child i think, my favorite player was warren moon), i am going to have to say the bills comeback against the oilers in '93... "the comeback"

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of what made that incredible was the fact that Kelly & Thurman weren't even playing. Added bonus points for Houston killing Buffalo the previous week costing them home field advantage, and talking a lot of trash after.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? The game was played in Buffalo.

Dominic 11-11-2005 11:10 PM

c'mon.

Bills-Oilers when the Bills came back down 35-3

Punker 11-12-2005 12:12 AM

I hate you. I was 9 years old and living in Edmonton when this game happened. There were tears.

nothumb 11-12-2005 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There was one where UNC scored 8 points in 11 seconds that's got to be up there for college games. I forget when it happened.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

1974: 8 points in 17 seconds. Before the shot clock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention before the 3-ball, right? Sick.

NT

Greg J 11-12-2005 12:43 AM

That was the worst officated game ever. Many of Buffalo's second half touchdowns should have been called back, including one where the reciever ran out of bounds down the sidelines until the corner finally let him go (he was so obviously ineligible). He came back inbounds and "caught" a touchdown.

Unbelievable how bad that game was officiated!

Lori 11-12-2005 12:58 AM

I still have nightmares about the Bills/Oilers playoff match. I can't give more details as I went to bed when the Oilers were ahead by enough that I knew we were going to win. (Games were live on USAFRTS, not TV back in those days)
I woke up during overtime.

Lori