Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   a little story from work (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375932)

FouTight 11-11-2005 09:25 AM

Re: a little story from work

One time i purchased a domain name a few years ago, that was apparently owned by someone else previously. (The domain was www.plaine.net, I no longer own it). Whoever owned this domain before had some pretty interesting stuff going on, because I setup a catch all email and I got some pretty weird crap.

But one day I got a picture of 2 guys skiing naked with the subject something like "The ultimate winter vacation".

Now normally, I just would post the emails I recieved on the site, because they were pretty funny, but this one I was not a fan of. I can tolerate a lot of stuff, but naked men directly to my inbox? no, thanks.

Furthermore this lady sent it from her work address, at a law office...

I went to their website and found their founders email, I forwarded him this gem, she wasn't doing her work anyways, right?

NLSoldier 11-11-2005 09:30 AM

wow I didnt know your name is Dave

pudley4 11-11-2005 10:12 AM

Help desk support. We had a special line for a certain group of employees, it had its own phone. The guy who took those calls had a headset connected to both the special phone and his regular one. He's on this line helping an employee with her email, and it's taking a long time. He gets a call on his regular phone and puts her on hold. He answers the phone and it's his wife. She starts to ask him a question but he interrupts her with "I don't have time right now, I've got this idiot I'm trying to help with email". He then hears a voice from the first call "I'm still here"

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Shajen 11-11-2005 10:22 AM

this is the same company where youlive like 20 minutes from and only work 4 days a week at right?

ISSCKM.

nicky g 11-11-2005 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One time i purchased a domain name a few years ago, that was apparently owned by someone else previously. (The domain was www.plaine.net, I no longer own it). Whoever owned this domain before had some pretty interesting stuff going on, because I setup a catch all email and I got some pretty weird crap.

But one day I got a picture of 2 guys skiing naked with the subject something like "The ultimate winter vacation".

Now normally, I just would post the emails I recieved on the site, because they were pretty funny, but this one I was not a fan of. I can tolerate a lot of stuff, but naked men directly to my inbox? no, thanks.

I went to their website and found their founders email, I forwarded him this gem, she wasn't doing her work anyways, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you sound horrible.

FouTight 11-11-2005 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you sound horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't, in good faith, disagree with this statement. I HAVE settled down a bit in the last couple years, this was a while ago, but nonetheless.