Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   My car got keyed how should I respond, if at all? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375721)

SL__72 11-10-2005 02:01 PM

Re: My car got keyed how should I respond, if at all?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Wow I'm glad I don't live in NYC...

Taking up 2 spaces might be an [censored] move but I don't think he "deserved a key job"

Someone else's minor annoyance = really expensive damage to my property?

[/ QUOTE ]

You clearly haven't circled 5 blocks for two hours trying to find a spot ,several times passing some [censored]'s car who took two. Not that it relates to OP in some way, just saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't mean you should key their car or slash their tires. And I really doubt that was the issue here as he was obviously parking in a residential neighborhood since the dude who yelled at him was running out of a house.

Taking up two spots is a [censored] move, obviously.

Keying someone's car because they did so is far worse.

Slashing someone's tires because they did so means you are a worthless piece of [censored].

samjjones 11-10-2005 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is the deal. Yesterday I was running late to work.
I drove and found a street parking spot close to the train station. I just parked it and started power walking when a guy at the house started ranting and raving.

"Learn how to park [censored], or pay for your parking"

There is a pay lot by the train station. He is right, but if you take the train you to NYC, you know all the spots are gone by 8 AM.

Also, I was in a rush so when I parked I did so in a manner that only I could park in that area (normally two cars could do so if i parked correctly). Normally I would move it, but like I said I was in a rush. So I just kept walking/jogging to the train.

When I got back my car was keyed up. Now it wasnt too bad and I'm in the process of getting a new car. But still my ego makes me want to get some level of revenge.

My question is how to respond? Do I let this slide? Or what do I do in response. Its not the scratch as much as the principal of the sitaution that irratates me. How do I play this?

Thanks in Advance...

[/ QUOTE ]
This EXACT situation happened to me two years ago. Needless to say, I got a new car (was getting a new one anyways) and began parking elsewhere, and his car somehow got vandalized. I was parked in a reasonable manner on a public street.

RunDownHouse 11-10-2005 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If there are many spots, why did you park like [censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]

cause i the train was coming... I had to Carl Lewis Sprint from my car to catch it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why don't you accept the consequences of your actions instead of being an ass and a burden to others?

ChipWrecked 11-10-2005 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Taking up 2 spaces in NYC

You deserve a key job

[/ QUOTE ]
NJ I live in NJ work in NY otherwise i agree....

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case I'd hire Pauly Walnuts to beat the [censored] out of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? There are plenty of parking spaces. Him using two spaces doesnt make it more difficult for anyone else!

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it does.

I just really hate selfish, thoughtless, incondsiderate [censored] jerks.

But, I guess that's SOP in New Jersey.

samjjones 11-10-2005 02:12 PM

You obviously have never looked for parking near a train station in NJ.

schwza 11-10-2005 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What if that guy didn't do it?

Suppose some other person came along and said "What an [censored]" and keyed your [censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]

Highly unlikely considering its a small town and there is a million spots. Also, many of the homeowners do it themselves so no one parks in front of their house.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would not care if someone parked across 4 spots if there were a million open ones. who cares? it's like parking too far from the curb, or parking crooked when you parallel park. i'll think you're a tool, but as long as you're not messing with my parking, then whatever.

taking revenge would be pretty stupid, imo. having a criminal record would blow. also, would you even be sure you were keying his car?

Superfluous Man 11-10-2005 02:13 PM

Lance: Still got your Malibu?
Vincent: Aw, man. You know what some fucker did the other day?
Lance: What?
Vincent: Fucking keyed it.
Lance: Oh, man, that's fucked up.
Vincent: Tell me about it. I had it in storage for three years, it was out for five days and some dickless piece of shit fucked with it.
Lance: They should be fucking killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.
Vincent: Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that asshole doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.
Lance: What a fucker!
Vincent: What's more chickenshit than fucking with a man's automobile? I mean, don't fuck with another man's vehicle.
Lance: You don't do it.
Vincent: It's just against the rules.

tinhat 11-10-2005 02:16 PM

Anybody that would (needlessly) say this:

[ QUOTE ]
and started power walking

[/ QUOTE ]

is physically incapable of this:

[ QUOTE ]
get some level of revenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Righteously fuming over it at the salon is the most you should consider.

Mike

Bluffoon 11-10-2005 02:16 PM

Park somewhere else.

BoogerFace 11-10-2005 02:24 PM

How do you know for certain it was 'that guy'?

Maybe you should just kick the crap out of some random person instead.