Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Standard Fold RIght? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375000)

sting 11-09-2005 04:30 PM

Re: Standard Fold RIght?

Quote:

I agree. Here, I put BB on a flush draw and UTG+1 on top pair medium kicker.
In a limped pot with no stated reads, I think this is optimistic/foolish. I fold here even though I may be ahead because If Im behind, Im in big trouble and calling or raising means having to play a big pot with a single pair hand that I have reason to believe is no good.

11-09-2005 04:34 PM

124,484,871 games 40.141 secs 3,101,190 games/sec

Board: 9h 2c Jc
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 66.7999 % 67.43% 00.27% { AcJh }
Hand 2: 19.1916 % 19.29% 00.16% { random }
Hand 3: 14.0086 % 13.76% 00.44% { random }

yvesaint 11-09-2005 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
124,484,871 games 40.141 secs 3,101,190 games/sec

Board: 9h 2c Jc
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 66.7999 % 67.43% 00.27% { AcJh }
Hand 2: 19.1916 % 19.29% 00.16% { random }
Hand 3: 14.0086 % 13.76% 00.44% { random }

[/ QUOTE ]

THEY ARENT RANDOM HANDS, who bets/raises with COMPLETELY RANDOM HANDS

this might not be a fold, but a raise to 30 will get everything out except things that BEAT YOU

you raise to 30, youre folding out all flush draws, probably all weak Js, all 9s, and 2-pair/sets stick around to kick you in the ass

raising to 30 is probably the worst possible move here

you are SERIOUSLY overvaluing TPTK

11-09-2005 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
THEY ARENT RANDOM HANDS, who bets/raises with COMPLETELY RANDOM HANDS

this might not be a fold, but a raise to 30 will get everything out except things that BEAT YOU

you raise to 30, youre folding out all flush draws, probably all weak Js, all 9s, and 2-pair/sets stick around to kick you in the ass

raising to 30 is probably the worst possible move here

you are SERIOUSLY overvaluing TPTK

[/ QUOTE ]

As for the bet - its a limp and min bet... ANYONE plays that trash at NL50. The limp could be any 2 suited cards and the minbet could easily be a halfassed attempt at a continuation. Minbets clear pots all the time at this level. The raise might be 2 overcards since the flop is so unimpressive.

BUT... those things aside, you are the first person that has made a good point against a reraise here.

SO what do YOU do? Do you fold?

Edit - noticed is NL100, but there isnt a huge difference in play from my observation.

666shooter 11-09-2005 04:41 PM

With no reads, I fold. I need to know something about my opponents here before I go to battle with TPTK after a bet and a raise.

yvesaint 11-09-2005 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As for the bet - its a limp and min bet... ANYONE plays that trash at NL50. The limp could be any 2 suited cards and the minbet could easily be a halfassed attempt at a continuation. Minbets clear pots all the time at this level. The raise might be 2 overcards since the flop is so unimpressive.

BUT... those things aside, you are the first person that has made a good point against a reraise here.

SO what do YOU do? Do you fold?

Edit - noticed is NL100, but there isnt a huge difference in play from my observation.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not a minibet, it's 1/2 pot. it means SOMETHING - could be a club draw looking to get in cheap, could be a weak J, could be 2-pair looking to get raised.

second guy most likely has a strong J, KJ, QJ, etc., maybe 2-pair/set.

with no reads, i'm probably dumping. there are really no cards i'd like to see on the turn, except maybe an A. if i have better reads on these guys as idiots, i probably call and raise a non-club turn (but yet again, any K, Q, or 9, 8, 7 is still probably a bad card for us on the turn)

and i was mostly pointing out that your use of AJ v. 2 random hands is meaningless. do you really think theyd bet/raise with 32o and 6h4h? i didnt think so.

11-09-2005 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and i was mostly pointing out that your use of AJ v. 2 random hands is meaningless. do you really think theyd bet/raise with 32o and 6h4h? i didnt think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh - new toy - what can I say. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] And it wouldnt be the first time ive limped with low suited connectors trying to flop a monster. 32o... even I have never been that drunk.

(ok - thats not true either...)

rikz 11-09-2005 05:19 PM

What are you hoping for when you limp with AJo in MP? I would assume you would like to flop TPTK, have the field check to you, you bet, everybody folds, and you win. Alternatively, you bet, there is a passive caller, you bet or check the turn, and value bet the river an get paid off by a J-worse kicker. You might like top-two pair, but with that hand the only big action you get from the rest of the field is that guy with a set matching that third card on the flop.

So, I figure that given the action in this hand, folding is best since you're going to need to put a lot of chips in to price out draws, and one of these villains might not be drawing - in which case you are WAY behind.

11-09-2005 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

you have runner outs against a set, thats it

[/ QUOTE ] Runners against a set of jacks. Running aces or either jack against the mid or bottom set. The raise is to get the 3rd guy out of the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that a jack on the turn does not help Hero, right? It seems like you think trip jacks will win, but obviously they would lose to a full house.

11-09-2005 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

you have runner outs against a set, thats it

[/ QUOTE ] Runners against a set of jacks. Running aces or either jack against the mid or bottom set. The raise is to get the 3rd guy out of the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that a jack on the turn does not help Hero, right? It seems like you think trip jacks will win, but obviously they would lose to a full house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww {censored} - forgot about that. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]