Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   hand vs GuyOnTilt (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374835)

Justin A 11-09-2005 04:34 PM

Re: hand vs GuyOnTilt

[ QUOTE ]
First, this is a limp reraising hand. Play it as such and I think you'll be suprised how much easier the hand becomes to play. Second GoT likes to donk it up because he likes to attack weakness. He sees into your soul and can see that you didn't like the flop, he's putting pressure on you to fold your marginal chit. Obviously you are better than he thinks but he still is likely beating you and you need to close it up on him. Raise and cap if given the opportunity.

On the river push all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this just a dumb joke or am i missing something?

sfer 11-09-2005 05:09 PM

Entity just posted the same hand only he had 99.

bakku 11-09-2005 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First, this is a limp reraising hand. Play it as such and I think you'll be suprised how much easier the hand becomes to play. Second GoT likes to donk it up because he likes to attack weakness. He sees into your soul and can see that you didn't like the flop, he's putting pressure on you to fold your marginal chit. Obviously you are better than he thinks but he still is likely beating you and you need to close it up on him. Raise and cap if given the opportunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this just a dumb joke or am i missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think you're missing anything

bakku 11-09-2005 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Entity just posted the same hand only he had 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm glad the novelty of typing in 3rd person has worn off

Soh 11-09-2005 08:22 PM

Oh, I see. -lol.

Hi!

Soh

Sully 11-10-2005 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would really like to hear more about this approach, as I am often lost in hands like these, and am definitely confused when I am against a limp-reraiser when shorthanded.

Can you explain a little more?

elindauer 11-10-2005 11:45 PM

hi bakkubakku,

looks like an easy fold to me. However, GoT may intend to fold to a raise with a hand that beats you (TT-77), so if you choose to play, raise. If you do this, you are bluffing, so obviously it shouldn't be your standard line.

Even a hand as strong as a J might be folded by GoT, depending on the frequency with which you make this play, as your raise signals quite a bit of strength given the 3rd player in the pot, and if he has JT or something he'll have to believe he's drawing to only 2 outs.

good luck.
eric

bakku 11-11-2005 03:46 AM

results

[ QUOTE ]
bellagio 15/30 7-handed, very weak tight table

button is loose aggressive and tries to win too many pots. GoT is playing his A game.

i raise 66 UTG, folded to button who calls 2, GoT calls in the BB.

flop is J53r
GoT bets out, i raise, button calls, GoT calls.

turn is a 5 completing the rainbow
GoT bets out again, what now?

[/ QUOTE ]

i folded, button folded, GoT had 43s

SA125 11-11-2005 09:20 AM

Re: results

GoT plays GooT.