Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $525: Reraising or Folding with ATo? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374383)

bruce 11-09-2005 01:18 AM

Re: Results

I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that villian's UTG push is +EV? Or is my repush +EV? Are you running hand ranges
through a program?

Secondly, why do you say UTG is a horrible player? He's
shortstacked and the blinds are soon to go up. How can
pushing be so bad at a "tight" table regardless of what your two cards are?

Retrospectively I don't think anyone played the hand poorly.
UTG had the right of first vigorish. He had a halfway decent hand and pushed. I was relatively shortstacked
and I suspected he was making a play at the pot.

Would I make this play at a $30 table, I don't know? But
with this being a $500 table, I felt like I was able to make a better read and act accordingly.

Thanks for the responses.

Bruce

bawcerelli 11-09-2005 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
$525 turbo on Stars.

I'm a bit confused. Are you running hand ranges
through a program?

[/ QUOTE ]

tell me you're kidding.

pineapple888 11-09-2005 03:27 PM

Re: $525: Reraising or Folding with ATo?

[ QUOTE ]
A random player theoretically finishes ITM 30% of the time.

Bruce

[/ QUOTE ]

In practice, significantly less than 30% of the time. That's why good players make money, even with the vig.

But whatever. You obviously have no real interest in anyone's feedback.

This is really just a brag post of how you made a "great" (actually bad) call of a "great" (actually bad) push.

11-09-2005 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you run this through SNGPT it really depends a lot on what UTG's range is. At 22+,A2s+,A3o+,KTs+,KJo+,QJs - calling becomes positive 0.7%.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see UTG having that wide of a range.

bigt439 11-09-2005 03:52 PM

Re: $525: Reraising or Folding with ATo?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A random player theoretically finishes ITM 30% of the time.

Bruce

[/ QUOTE ]

In practice, significantly less than 30% of the time. That's why good players make money, even with the vig.

But whatever. You obviously have no real interest in anyone's feedback.

This is really just a brag post of how you made a "great" (actually bad) call of a "great" (actually bad) push.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I don't think Bruce made this call for the right reasons (no offence but most of Bruce's posts indicate a lack of understanding of some important sng concepts), I think you (pineapple) should read my latest post explaining how both plays are actually quite defendable. It wasn't my first instinct either.

tewall 11-09-2005 06:30 PM

I thought this result was interesting, so set about verifying it myself, and I came up with the same answer regarding Q9 suited. It appears to me to be definately +EV, regardless of what assumptions one makes about the strength of hand one would call with.

Regarding calling with ATo it looks to me like it is a -EV call if one assumes the all-in guy has a better hand than Q9 suited. However, if one assumes the all-in guy would move in with a hand as bad as Q9 suited, then the call becomes +EV.