Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Where to get a good suit? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374087)

IndieMatty 11-08-2005 11:53 AM

Re: Where to get a good suit?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Men's Warehouse

You're gonna like they way you look.
I guarantee It.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct answer. Their service is awesome and they have some very nice suits. Nordstrom? Give me a [censored]' break....

[/ QUOTE ]

Mens Warehouse (thought it was wearhouse?) does not have "nice" suits.

Chobohoya 11-08-2005 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
think about it. the roundtrip airfare is probably $300. You can stay at the Commerce and earn your suit. Kambiz will hook you up the suit for you, for cheap, $300-400 for some sweet threads. I think he steals the [censored]. so basically if you go to Nordstrom's you're gonna fork out minimum $1300 for a decent suit. Trust me you don't want to be cheap when you buy a suit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like OP is passing up a golden opportunity here.

sfer 11-08-2005 11:58 AM

Answers to this are impossible without your location and a budget.

swede123 11-08-2005 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Answers to this are impossible without your location and a budget.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. If your budget is $300 the answer will be much different than if your budget is $3000. If you're looking at the $300 price range do check out Men's Wearhouse. They may not be top shelf designer brands, but they offer pretty good value if you're on a budget.

Swede

arod15 11-08-2005 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much you wanna spend? Macy's often has some pretty good deals on reasonable suits.

[/ QUOTE ]
Real good place = Barneys NYC = 2K
Good Place Jos A Bank= 300-500 dollars for a good one

Also if your in the wedding isnt it normally a tux?

My suggestion is Jos A Bank....(they also let you return it after you worn it)....

4_2_it 11-08-2005 12:23 PM

Jos A Banks -- $400-$500 and you get Suit, Ties and Shirts. Buy wrinkle-free shirts. They cost a little more, but are well worth it (unless of course you like ironing shirts in hotel rooms).

MrMon 11-08-2005 02:41 PM

If you live in Chicago, head out I-88 to Aurora. Premium Outlet Mall. Armani Outlet. You can't do better. There are a few other places to check out there as well, including Brooks Brothers, but be careful, as BB outlet stores often carry a lower line of stuff. The Armani is top notch.

miajag81 11-08-2005 02:47 PM

Jos. A. Bank is always a solid choice. They are always having really good sales on suits - I have a couple nice ones that were normally about $800 each but I got for around $250. Brooks Brothers is also good.

TripleH68 11-08-2005 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can get a nice Hugo Boss suit for around 800-1000 depending on where you go with shirts, ties and shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I own several Boss suits. Good value.

jaydub 11-08-2005 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How much you wanna spend? Macy's often has some pretty good deals on reasonable suits.

[/ QUOTE ]
Real good place = Barneys NYC = 2K
Good Place Jos A Bank= 300-500 dollars for a good one

Also if your in the wedding isnt it normally a tux?

My suggestion is Jos A Bank....(they also let you return it after you worn it)....

[/ QUOTE ]

After you've tailored it? You are tailoring it right? An untailored hugo boss will usually look worse than a tailored Mens Warehouse.

My budget votes are as such:
2k+: Armani, avoid the dept stores, go to the real store
800: boss
300: mens warehouse

brooks brothers is a solid choice if it will double as an interview suit or if you cannot wear the european cuts with your body type.