Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   When should I have gotten out of this wild hand? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374049)

J.Copperthite 11-08-2005 12:54 PM

Re: When should I have gotten out of this wild hand?

Oh boy what a tough spot to be in. No matter what though you have to understand that you are somehow beat on the river in this spot. I'd call the flop and the turn with the intent of folding on the river if I do not improve to a full house. With all that action on the flop, you have to realize that one of them has the other king, and another must have a set (nobody is going to threebet without at least a K - AA would most certainly just call to this board). If you play this to the river with the intention of folding on the river, the implied odds you get are correct to play to the turn. You stand to win quite a few extra bets on the river if you improve to the nuts or work a split w/ the other king. I would not think twice about folding on the river if I don't improve.

11-08-2005 01:04 PM

good call on Button and UTG+1

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG+1 has 4d Kh (three of a kind, kings).
Hero has Ts Ks (three of a kind, kings).
MP2 has Qc Jc (flush, king high).
Button has 6c 6d (full house, sixes full of kings).
Outcome: Button wins 35.50 BB. </font>

TomBrooks 11-08-2005 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You face a raise and reraise with the possibility of a flush and FH on the board. Do you really think you can beat BOTH of them with your unconcealed trips?

[/ QUOTE ]

I said before I wouldn't fold the river, but I've been playing almost all 6max lately which probably skewed my thinking towards a call. In a full ring game with this board and action, folding the river when it comes back reraised looks fine.

cfjr2 11-08-2005 01:29 PM

I figured UTG+1 for the 66 since he was last bet in - unreal button has the nuts and doesn't cap the river...

cfjr2 11-08-2005 01:37 PM

Button is TAG - you think he is staying in on this river w/o 66, Kx (K6) ? He has better than trips because there is a flush and boat draw on the table - fold the river.

That said - would Button have folded 66 to a PF raise if MP2 called it? You are first in w/ KTs suited - I think this may have changed the entire hand (e.g. you win / split).

bozlax 11-08-2005 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I figured UTG+1 for the 66 since he was last bet in - unreal button has the nuts and doesn't cap the river...

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

You need to look again if you think that Button has the nuts. Looks to me like he's got the 7th nuts, and any of the hands that beat him are possible given the action. I'll leave it to you as homework to identify the 6 hands he's behind.

cfjr2 11-08-2005 02:08 PM

o ok - 77 88 KK K8 K7 K6 but stil...

11-08-2005 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good call on Button and UTG+1

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG+1 has 4d Kh (three of a kind, kings).
Hero has Ts Ks (three of a kind, kings).
MP2 has Qc Jc (flush, king high).
Button has 6c 6d (full house, sixes full of kings).
Outcome: Button wins 35.50 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

The only time I get mad at donks these days is when some dummy like UTG+1 costs me a ton of bets. So frustrating.

rgb 11-08-2005 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

(assuming you're definitely up against 2 hands that have you beat is MUBS). Actually, I can't imagine a read good enough on my opponents to get me to fold this hand playing .5/1 on Party, et al.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi bozlax

What hands do you put hero's 3 opponents on when this flop is capped 4 ways?

There are no draws &amp; no PFR so AA is unlikely.

Hell, given the flop action, there are only 2 reasonable hands to go round 3 opponents so even the "PP moron" factor can be discounted. I'm sure if both UTG+1 and MP2 were maniacs, the OP would have mentioned it.

I guess my problem with this hand is I'm convinced that hero is up against Kx and 66 because of the flop action (even at .50/1).

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: whoa. Holy crap. I thought you were talking about the turn. You just can't fold this on the flop, no matter what. Again, you're likely ahead of Kx on the flop, and against 66 you've got 3 outs to the turn, 6 to the river (unless the turn is the unlikely case 6).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, I knew I'd get slated for suggesting a flop fold.

So if we assume, for argument's sake, that 66 and Kx are out there and we're drawing to 3 outs on the turn then 4.5 outs on river it's still OK to continue? Implied odds if you hit a ten maybe?

Thanks for your time...

rgb

J.Copperthite 11-08-2005 03:34 PM

Yes the implied odds are the reasoning. You stand to win a 8-12 extra big bets if you boat up on the river (How nice would a 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] have been?). The donktastic guy with K-4 is sure to put in those 4 bets if you hit, and the 6-6 isn't going anywhere. You just have to make sure that you fold the river if you don't improve (that's also easy for me to say - I play a bunch of Omaha H/L)