Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   So I thought I should fold my boat... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=370085)

MrWookie47 11-02-2005 11:09 AM

Re: So I thought I should fold my boat...

On that board, betting AK is a value bet against bottomset's likely rage. Checking is foolhardy. Checking the turn is not the best of ideas, either. I don't want to give a free card, since he's almost certainly drawing live against me. If he has a hand he'll fold to a turn c/r, I'm winning anyway. Since I capped preflop, bottomset is putting me on a PP or cards that didn't connect with this flop. He's very unlikely to fold any pair. Ugh. And then you want me to 3bet that turn w/ A high, to "find out where I stand?" I'd much rather get to showdown than find out I'm beat in this case. I suggest you read this classic post by NPA.

TomBrooks 11-02-2005 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do I think this call down was better?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because it was bottomset on a 2+2 Lagfest Table?

Paxosmotic 11-02-2005 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If that's your opinion of a 2+2 table, you really need to sit with me, Wookie, Jaxup, and our assorted cast.

MrWookie47 11-02-2005 02:57 PM

I was lazy and didn't repost the read. Here's the hand where I described it. It was certainly not a lag fest. It was one of the toughest games I've played in.

TomBrooks 11-02-2005 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If that's your opinion of a 2+2 table, you really need to sit with me, Wookie, Jaxup, and our assorted cast.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Pax,
Maybe things have tightened up lately. I've played on some 2+2 tables, but not recently. I'll jump in again when I see one and have a chance. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

sean c 11-02-2005 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was lazy and didn't repost the read. Here's the hand where I described it. It was certainly not a lag fest. It was one of the toughest games I've played in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the game was a little laggy while i was there but very challenging and a bunch of fun much better than grinding away at the 2/4 all night. I think we should do it on a regular basis like evey Monday or some other slow night. If people ever plan on moving up in limits i can't think of better way to prepare than playing at a serious 2+2 table.

MrWookie47 11-02-2005 03:47 PM

This is from the table two nights ago, actually, not last night. Last night's table was definitely not serious. Sometimes 2+2 tables are serious, sometimes they're laggy. In general, the lagginess (or, rather, stupid play) increases as the number of 2+2ers increases. When you make a game and post about it, it's easy enough to request a serious A game where people show their hands and discuss the plays.

sean c 11-02-2005 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is from the table two nights ago, actually, not last night. Last night's table was definitely not serious. Sometimes 2+2 tables are serious, sometimes they're laggy. In general, the lagginess (or, rather, stupid play) increases as the number of 2+2ers increases. When you make a game and post about it, it's easy enough to request a serious A game where people show their hands and discuss the plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad i still think it would be good to have a regular serious 2+2 game though.

bottomset 11-02-2005 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad i still think it would be good to have a regular serious 2+2 game though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to make them fairly frequently and prob will make another one tonight, even though I got destroyed in the last 2 ... hopefully my game will be back in full force

I think I like my river bet now, after thinking about the whole hand some more

sean c 11-02-2005 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to make them fairly frequently and prob will make another one tonight, even though I got destroyed in the last 2 ... hopefully my game will be back in full force

I think I like my river bet now, after thinking about the whole hand some more

[/ QUOTE ]

I got killed in the O8 game two nights ago but i was easily the biggest fish there. I would be in tonight if you get one going.