Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   What X'mas gift to buy poker players? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=370026)

jesusarenque 11-03-2005 01:48 AM

Re: What X\'mas gift to buy poker players?

[ QUOTE ]
Some friends are haveing a bday get together for me tomorrow night. The wife always make all my favorites.
The carne, tamales and sometimes chicharones (sp?).
I usually bring them something in return.
Picked up this little number about an hour ago.

You guys think I did good?

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/1488/patron21ry.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent choice

J.A.Sucker 11-03-2005 03:10 AM

Personally, I would like about 100,000 dollars. That's my favorite poker gift. 10K if you can't afford more would be OK.

cbragado 11-03-2005 12:31 PM

I use my IPOD when I'm playing online or B&M. The new IPOD or even the Nano would be really cool for Christmas.

cocofrite 11-03-2005 07:16 PM

New sunglasses

A trip and a tourney buy-in to a pokerroom he doesn't know (it feels really good to have your personal pom-pom girl while playing)

Oblivious 11-03-2005 11:30 PM

mp3 player if he doesnt have one... otherwise get him a watch.

MicroBob 11-04-2005 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if some chick got me poker stuff as a gift, it would be really lame and not a good choice at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

My GF did get me a poker item as a gift last year.
I was DEFINITELY really lame.
But it was still an outstanding choice.

She was shopping at the mall and walked past a shirt that said POKER KING in relatively large letters.
Just lame enough that it was pretty funny.

Other than semi-funny things like that i'm not terribly interested in poker-related gifts.

Only if it's the worst and lamest poker shirt or hat would I actually kind of enjoy it.

Also - I'm looking at the Greg Raymer bobble-head doll that came in my PokerStars WSOP package.
That's silly enough to qualify as a decent gift too.

MicroBob 11-04-2005 02:00 PM

Oh yeah...there was a thread a few months back some guy wrote.

It was their 10th wedding anniversay I think...she got him a few poker-books which he thought was really odd since they didn't have anything to with THEM...just HIM.

Inside one of the books was airfare for 2 to Las Vegas....and maybe it was inside that there was an entry to a $1500 event at the WSOP (his first time to Vegas AND to the World Series of Poker I believe).

Something like that I think.

It might have been USMfan who had this ultra-cool gift from the wifey.

Too early to buy a WSOP entry.
But a trip for 2 to Vegas (or Atlantic City...or whatever) doesn't have to be THAT ultra-expensive and could be a decent idea worth considering.

4_2_it 11-04-2005 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She was shopping at the mall and walked past a shirt that said POKER KING in relatively large letters.
Just lame enough that it was pretty funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is excellent!

How many times have you worn that shirt in public? Be honest......FWIW -- I would wear it every time I planned to donk it up at the 2/4 tables.......

SoSo 11-04-2005 03:27 PM

your funny...

Rushmore 11-04-2005 07:11 PM

From what I have seen in the last five years, the average poker player should be given a copy of Resumes For Dummies and a free semester at Cross Bronx Expressway Junior College.

Oops, sorry. I mean a LOT of money, and a pat on the back for finally "figuring out poker."

That's what I wish all of the poker players all over the world would get.