Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Full time poker players: Do you play video games (Civ 4, AOE3, etc)? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369890)

11-03-2005 09:30 AM

Re: Full time poker players: Do you play video games (Civ 4, AOE3, etc)?

I'm no longer a full time player, but I found myself playing far less of other computer games when I moved into playing poker seriously.

I could make money playing poker, which I liked, and found being away from the computer more rewarding the more time I was spending in front of it.

PSW 11-03-2005 11:27 AM

Re: Full time poker players: Do you play video games (Civ 4, AOE3, etc

[ QUOTE ]
I've tossed and deleted 5 games about 12 times total. Videogames are the number 1 enemy to my poker career (besides sucking).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Me too. I buy them. I waste a week. I throw it away. I repeat the process about every 14 months. It wrecks my life, and more than just poker. Ack.

psw

pokerlaw 11-03-2005 12:45 PM

Madden 2006. its in the game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

UCF THAYER 11-03-2005 01:07 PM

Civ 4 has definately cost me alot of money lately.
Though not necessarily -EV, as it is a good stress reliever and helps keep me patient.

Newt_Buggs 11-03-2005 08:16 PM

The last thing that I need is a hobby that will have me spending even more time in front of the computer. I used to be a hardcore gamer and now play no computer games.

LooseTight 11-04-2005 02:12 PM

did you ever play AOK on zone? I am a top player....and AOK legend......i havent played in awhile......but i will neva stop playing on zone ever.....and i hope aoe3 is good....if you played on zone...what was your aka.

-Colin

ianlippert 11-04-2005 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Winning poker player, playing video games instead = -EV
Losing poker player, playing video games instead = +EV
Winning poker player, playing video games on 2nd monitor = priceless [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe I was trying this awhile ago. 2 Tables + World of Warcraft. I just found it to be a little annoying on the one monitor. I also think I should quit playing WOW and play more poker.

BlackRain 11-05-2005 04:07 PM

I have friends whose lives are engrossed by WoW. Always vowed to stay away. Glad I have so far.

Starcraft is the game that stole a big chunk of my life. I was never quite at the level of players like ElkY, Rekrul, Tillerman, but I now play almost zero SC anymore. I think the same goes for them. Its funny how TL.net, for years, the premier SC message board is now taken over by poker discussion.

11-05-2005 04:16 PM

I´m a game cube manic and I think it is very relaxing to play on my cube between the poker sessions.