Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Sig Sauer P226 9mm (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=368885)

swede123 10-31-2005 01:06 PM

Re: Sig Sauer P226 9mm

[ QUOTE ]
non-law enforcement/military are not allowed to carry magazines with more than 10 rounds anyway so in my opinion the 226 is not necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope the average police officer has a better grasp of the law than you, my friend.

Swede

10-31-2005 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Breaking news: no one is out to get you. Ditch the gun and increase your life expectancy. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, this has worked very well in washington DC. Leave this thread and move to politics please. A simple search will show you that the stats show crime decreases when citizens are armed. But we are hijaking this thread. This is a no politics zone ya pansy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just trying to save someone's life. But I will cease.

jakethebake 10-31-2005 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shooting is fun (great stress reliever!) and is constitutionally protected, but if you get a gun take safety glasses!

[/ QUOTE ]

Classes are good too.

tonypaladino 10-31-2005 01:15 PM

How much does a cheap handgun cost?

I've been thinking about getting one for a while.
I live in NY, would it be cheaper to drive somewhere and get a legal one or find a "special deal" around here?

jakethebake 10-31-2005 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much does a cheap handgun cost?

I've been thinking about getting one for a while.
I live in NY, would it be cheaper to drive somewhere and get a legal one or find a "special deal" around here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on what you want. You can find cheap but relaible guns for <$100.

swede123 10-31-2005 01:17 PM

If you want a cheap, starter type handgun look at Ruger. You can get a Ruger P95 for about 200 bucks. This is a 9mm, quality semi-automatic. You can find even cheaper stuff, but then the quality starts to deteriorate. Also, consider looking a slightly used handgun, this will usually save a hundred bucks or so compared to a new model.

Added... If you live in NY city you pretty much can't legally own a handgun as a civilian. Sucks but that's how it is.

Swede

Subfallen 10-31-2005 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The sig is a very good gun. I suggest you go to a gun club and try a bunch out. Guns are like shoes. You need to know which one fits you best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, will do. Mostly I just want to develop into a good marksman, and from my preliminary research the P226 sounds like a very accurate gun to learn on.

jakethebake 10-31-2005 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want a cheap, starter type handgun look at Ruger. You can get a Ruger P95 for about 200 bucks. This is a 9mm, quality semi-automatic. You can find even cheaper stuff, but then the quality starts to deteriorate. Also, consider looking a slightly used handgun, this will usually save a hundred bucks or so compared to a new model.

[/ QUOTE ]

Revolvers are usually cheaper though. There decent used revolvers that aren't too expensive.

swede123 10-31-2005 01:22 PM

If you want to primarily use this gun for target practice you should also consider getting a .22. These guns are incredibly cheap to shoot and excellent for developing your skills without any recoil. Also, most quality guns come with conversion kits that lets you put a .22 barrel onto your 9mm. This combines the best of the two worlds really, and it's something you should think about.

Swede

cwsiggy 10-31-2005 01:22 PM

Apparently if you live in Florida, you can now blow anyone away for fun if they enter your house! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]