Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   how much $ (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366386)

10-27-2005 10:43 AM

Re: how much $

[ QUOTE ]
do you really think he's calling half-pot twice the frequency of calling pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. I definitely think ½ pot is the superior play here. The only factor working in hero's favor for getting a push called is he just sat down which I don't think is enough to make villain call a push with 1 pair very often.

Hattifnatt 10-27-2005 10:50 AM

750 is a good number imo.

fsuplayer 10-27-2005 10:59 AM

anybody else CR the turn all in? the stack sizes are perfect for it. or you think he is checking there too often?

the cool thing about it is that a Q with a fl. draw calls there everytime, and AQ may call there fairly often and if he happens to have gotten cute with AA/KK he's not folding that either. it was a dry flop and the turn was a gutter, so it looks suspicious i think.

etizzle 10-27-2005 11:07 AM

after getting called on this dry of a flop, i believe he will check behind Qx fairly often on the turn. He only needs to protect against his hand against a gutterball or if i happen to have a pair and a heart draw. He can't think I will call another bet with worse than a queen can he?

fsuplayer 10-27-2005 11:10 AM

yeah. i like the lead much better here. nh.

and i lean towards 550 here on the river. in the party games at least, this gets called way more than twice as often as an all-in in these situations IMO.

etizzle 10-27-2005 11:13 AM

well, i'm glad so many good posters can be split on the river play, cuz I wasn't sure what to do either. Maybe I should've made a poll.

psuasskicker 10-27-2005 11:27 AM

I like jamming it in, but WTFDIK? Most of my bets after the turn are 2/3 of the pot or more, so that's just my normal play.

Does anyone here not really like the flop play? Hero checks TPBK into the PFR, the PFR checks, a cold caller bets, then hero calls before the PFR has a chance to act. I'm not overly wild about that line with such a marginal hand, especially with no even runner runner draws barring the double gutter.

- C -

arod15 10-27-2005 12:17 PM

700 looks good...

punter11235 10-27-2005 12:29 PM

I would push. I dont believe in small value bets vs top pair in general. Big bets and big bluffs are the way to go imo.

Best wishes

BobboFitos 10-27-2005 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like jamming it in, but WTFDIK? Most of my bets after the turn are 2/3 of the pot or more, so that's just my normal play.

Does anyone here not really like the flop play? Hero checks TPBK into the PFR, the PFR checks, a cold caller bets, then hero calls before the PFR has a chance to act. I'm not overly wild about that line with such a marginal hand, especially with no even runner runner draws barring the double gutter.

- C -

[/ QUOTE ]

If OP is so positive that a flatcall here on a dry board will lead to a small pot anyway (because villain checks turn w/ everything) then it's really fine. he's trying to showdown here.

plus, pfr is a little liberal, it's a minraised pot.