Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   LC: "I call, whatugot?" "Jack high" "It's good" (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365345)

kyro 10-25-2005 10:18 PM

Re: LC: \"I call, whatugot?\" \"Jack high\" \"It\'s good\"

[ QUOTE ]
Also, yeah, it's not really "bluffing" with an OESD, flush draw, and 2 overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was going to be my other point but I decided not to post it because I didn't want to overload the board with too much information.

microbet 10-25-2005 10:26 PM

Buh, HU two healthy stacks I pushed and got called by 24o. I didn't even think I had been pushing so much to generate such a spite call.

pergesu 10-25-2005 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Buh, HU two healthy stacks I pushed and got called by 24o. I didn't even think I had been pushing so much to generate such a spite call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I find it funny when they fold over and over and over and then finally call with 93s [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

tigerite 10-26-2005 05:07 AM

Or J7s as happened to me last night. I think they just get bored or something. Crippled me to 800 v his 9200 (at 300/600 and me in bb next hand) so I just had to rely on my luckbox to get back to 5k each, then call with A3o and beat his KQo.

Muppets.

Scuba Chuck 10-26-2005 05:21 AM

durron, seriously, why wouldn't you just call on the flop? What do you gain by raising, other than trouble (usually)?

Melchiades 10-26-2005 05:24 AM

He is charging the other dude for his draw obviously. Oh....

SCfuji 10-26-2005 05:27 AM

leave it to the sttf to take a LC thread so seriously. haha.

durron597 10-26-2005 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
durron, seriously, why wouldn't you just call on the flop? What do you gain by raising, other than trouble (usually)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the guy was limping every hand and betting every flop and I wanted to take it down right there.

I felt putting that in the OP would have detracted from the amusement value, though maybe there was some strategy to be had here.

Scuba Chuck 10-26-2005 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Because the guy was limping every hand and betting every flop and I wanted to take it down right there.

I felt putting that in the OP would have detracted from the amusement value, though maybe there was some strategy to be had here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then, of course, there is some strategy here. Raising here does disguise your hand, and once you're now in this spot on the turn, I think it's auto-push. That being said, with your read, I think calling with 3:1 pot odds is probably enough as well. FWIW, again with your read, on average, you probably have 50% pot equity here (or more), assuming you don't share cards of the same rank.

It's good that you identified the table ATM. Good play.

durron597 10-26-2005 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

That being said, with your read, I think calling with 3:1 pot odds is probably enough as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt the raise would take it down right there, and when it doesn't it makes the pot nicer when I do hit. If this ATM had a 7, say, and I hit my flush he might actually be able to find himself a fold. Also, more importantly, I might be able to get the blinds to fold a 7 to a bet and a raise.

On the turn when I pick up my straight draw it's an easy push. I don't want to give him a free card when he has a hand like he had (he still had plenty of outs), plus there's always the miniscule chance I can get a player like to fold one pair. I was just in shock that not only did he call, but that I was really far out in front too.