Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Who banned AJo go all in? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364838)

durron597 10-25-2005 01:26 PM

Re: Who banned AJo go all in?

[ QUOTE ]

Why was the thread from OOT moved here?

[/ QUOTE ]

So we would have it instead of having it deleted in case someone wanted to reference it.

See this thread.

AngryCola 10-25-2005 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why was the thread from OOT moved here?

[/ QUOTE ]

So we would have it instead of having it deleted in case someone wanted to reference it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I understand the whole vault concept. That's not really what I'm asking, though.

I'm surprised anyone was even thinking about deleting it. At most, it should end up being locked in OOT, IMO.

Evan 10-25-2005 02:16 PM

You should take away my mod status. I don't want to agree to your clause, which means I'm probably not fit to be a mod in the first place.

I'm not okay with the way [censored] does things, and when it impacts areas of this site that matter, I'd rather just not have the ability to correct it if my doing so is going to ruffle too many feathers.

Mat Sklansky 10-25-2005 02:42 PM

I'm going to wait for others to respond to this before granting evan's request.

BottlesOf 10-25-2005 02:47 PM

I think it would be a shame if Evan stopped being a mod. There needs to be voices of reason against the oot moderating madness. At the same time, if Evan can't play by the rule of not unilaterally overruling a dumb ban, and he doesn't want to be a mod any longer, I don't see the point in compelling him to remain.

AngryCola 10-25-2005 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At the same time, if Evan can't play by the rule of not unilaterally overruling a dumb ban, and he doesn't want to be a mod any longer, I don't see the point in compelling him to remain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it matters if he views the ban as dumb. He shouldn't be doing that.

[ QUOTE ]
There needs to be voices of reason against the oot moderating madness.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are already more than a few, and his voice would continue to be heard even if he was no longer a mod.

[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be a shame if Evan stopped being a mod

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but if he doesn't want to stop interfering with another mod's way of doing things, there's not much left to say.

MrWookie47 10-25-2005 03:09 PM

Cola spelled out my thoughts more concisely than I could.

BottlesOf 10-25-2005 03:22 PM

I feel like there was no need to break my post up sentence by sentence, as you didn't really disagree with anything I wrote.

I do think there is a diff. between a mod's voice on moderating policy and a user's voice. Partially this stems from the ability to participate in this forum. And, while there may be many (some?) mods who disagree with oot moderation, there are few who are vocal about it.

AngryCola 10-25-2005 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like there was no need to break my post up sentence by sentence, as you didn't really disagree with anything I wrote.

Just an observaion [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You're right, but it helped me put my comments in the order I desired.

BottlesOf 10-25-2005 03:41 PM

I changed my orig. post as I found a possible disagreement [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]