Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Moving to Vegas....Help Needed!!! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364538)

highlife 10-24-2005 07:27 PM

Re: Moving to Vegas....Help Needed!!!

yeah stay away from the north and downtown. just about anywhere in the south and west is good. are you going to be a pro?

1C5 10-24-2005 07:59 PM

Why moving to Vegas? I almost moved there (I am 25 also) but ended up not.

MrTeddyKGB 10-24-2005 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From what i've been told, there are some pretty bad areas. Am i misinformed?

[/ QUOTE ]

no those are not great areas. All the apts near the strip are bad or way over your price range. You should consider renting a house in west las vegas off the 215. We have a 4 bedroom 2000 sq house for 1400 a mo. You could find a nice 2 bedroom w/ a loft in in your price range. I made one room into an office to play online. It is only a 10 min drive to the strip if you aviod rush hour. Houses are cheap here, only a chump would live in an apt.

gunt 10-24-2005 08:51 PM

try silverado ranch or green valley in henderson.
summerlin has nice parts but is more than 10 min away from strip.... try to stay west or south of strip....i live on maryland and sahara ( northeast of strip ), and there are definitely more desirable neighborhoods. good luck, vegas is awesome.

aggie 10-24-2005 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why moving to Vegas? I almost moved there (I am 25 also) but ended up not.

[/ QUOTE ]

1 reason is to move closer to the rest of my family (who are in LA). Another is for some change in general (i'm currently living in CT which i don't particularly like)....The main attraction for me to vegas would be the poker....

tek 10-24-2005 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe that 99.5 percent of all people are racist to some degree (that includes blacks and other minorities).

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris Rock (he's a black comedian for those living under a, well, rock...) said that black people are the most rascist because they hate n_____s and white people [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Ed Miller 10-24-2005 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
try silverado ranch or green valley in henderson.
summerlin has nice parts but is more than 10 min away from strip.... try to stay west or south of strip....i live on maryland and sahara ( northeast of strip ), and there are definitely more desirable neighborhoods. good luck, vegas is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to live in the LVCC until they turned my complex into condos and kicked me out. Did my shopping at that Albertsons.

Clarkmeister 10-25-2005 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From what i've been told, there are some pretty bad areas. Am i misinformed?

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't be living in those areas, so it becomes an irrelevant point.

LittleOldLady 10-25-2005 02:52 AM

I am living near Eastern and Tropicana, not far from UNLV and the airport, The first week I was there there was a gun battle in the (condo) complex. Can't say that I would recommend this neighborhood.

Clarkmeister 10-25-2005 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am living near Eastern and Tropicana, not far from UNLV and the airport, The first week I was there there was a gun battle in the (condo) complex. Can't say that I would recommend this neighborhood.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I doubt that when you pick your own place it'd be there, right?

Some people can thank god for money-back guarantees!