Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   ATs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364085)

lautzutao 10-24-2005 04:56 AM

Re: ATs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you raise this flop?
Why didn't you bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

We're behind most 3-bet hands. Our goal is to get to a showdown as cheapily as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're behind most 3-bet hands in 6-max with TPTK on the flop? Since when?

EDIT: I see 88, TT, JJ, QQ, KK, AA beating us here and that's it. Seems a pretty narrow range of hands for someone 3-betting out of the BB(yes I know we're UTG but...).

yellowjack 10-24-2005 05:09 AM

nh

bjarne 10-24-2005 05:26 AM

I'd bet the turn here. I really hate to give a free card to a possible FD.

hemstock 10-24-2005 08:24 AM

I think this is what FPS is.
You have top pair top kicker in a 6-max table against an aggressive opponent and you do not throw in a RAISE anywhere because of what?!!

imported_The Vibesman 10-24-2005 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: I see 88, TT, JJ, QQ, KK, AA beating us here and that's it. Seems a pretty narrow range of hands for someone 3-betting out of the BB(yes I know we're UTG but...).

[/ QUOTE ]

See, his 3bet is not to isolate here. He's out of position and going to be heads-up with his opponent anyway, his opponent is obviously not on a steal, and still he 3bets, this would seem to indicate a monster. I like the way this hand was played.

lautzutao 10-24-2005 09:13 AM

I think there are more than just "monsters" being 3-bet out of BB. Especially from a tricky player. I think you're losing out by not raising this flop at a minimum. This is about as good a board as you're gonna see with AT. If you cant bet this hand in this situation, you should be folding this preflop to a 3-bet.

10-24-2005 09:58 AM

What does BB think YOU raised with UTG? If you are playing TAG (and he knows it) and you have a solid read on him then you must put him on 99-AA, AKo, AKs, AQs (AQo?). It's already HU, so he's not trying to isolate

I'm not convinced he's going for a c/r on the turn. You didn't cap pre-flop and only called the flop, so there's a reasonable chance you'll merely check the turn.

The river bet could be because he puts you on a drawing hand which missed.

10-24-2005 10:22 AM

I like the play. nh.

MATT111 10-24-2005 10:38 AM

Your play is good but only if he is capable of c/raising overcards (probably including a flush draw). Otherwise just bet and fold to a raise.

LoaferGee12 10-24-2005 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you raise this flop?
Why didn't you bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

We're behind most 3-bet hands. Our goal is to get to a showdown as cheapily as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not just his 3-bet, it's the fact that he is checking the turn here. Put yourself in his shoes. Are you ever checking the turn here without the intention of a check-raise? AK/AQ are almost always following up with a bet, while AA-QQ could very well for a check-raise.