Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   OT: PP Foul Language (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=363577)

TheNoodleMan 10-23-2005 06:47 PM

Re: OT: PP Foul Language

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why doesn't party have client side adjustable filters? So I can see all the swearing I want, and those who don't can tick the 'don't show naughty words' option.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds easy enough... but I am sure they have 1897945 million dollars to roll around in before this gets much attention.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

pooh74 10-23-2005 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you got banned from playing or from chat?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

if he just got his chat revoked, i don't see why he is either surprised or thinks that anyone cares.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldnt imagine PP banning someone from "playing" for language when they wont even do that for collusion.

but, yeah, I see your point.

10-24-2005 03:33 AM

Re: The reason why your chat was banned

Over the past two days, I have reported two players for breaking the rules. Both players lost their chat ability. Both players were multi-tablers... Both players were likely 2+2

I don't report players for foul language. The exact reason for reporting these players are as follows:

Player "pizzystrizzy"--- I busted him out on a previous table, on the table I reported him on, he kept telling the BB to call my all-ins... unacceptable, and a clear violation of the rules.

Player "nice_lay"--- i bet on the river, he types in "i have an eight" then folds, with players still left to act in the hand.... potentially killing my action.

There are only a few things that I report, and foul language is not one of them:

1)collusion and discussing your hand/action during play
2)using pokerprophecy to berate the skill of another player at the table
3)the RIDICULOUS amount of beratement of a fish... this is not something i report often, but if the offender is a good player, the victim is a poor player, AND the amount of insulting comments is way over the line, i report it.

If any player does any of these things at one of my tables-- I report them. It's in my interest to preserve the integrity of the games at PartyPoker, and I sacrifice some of my time to do it.

If you are "nice_lay" or "pizzystrizzy", I would be interested in how you might defend your actions.

***edit--- I also report racial slurs.

bawcerelli 10-24-2005 03:41 AM

i got a warning from stars that my chat would be revoked after i said my pattern mapper was working good!

SCfuji 10-24-2005 04:00 AM

oh no somebody call the president

tigerite 10-24-2005 07:11 AM

I turn chat off. Completely. It goes along with the side bet and blackjack in the full script I have. I don't care what people do or don't say, I just play my own game and rely on reads from their stats and previous actions, and don't get distracted by bad beats, or whatever. Sure, it pisses me off when I lose to a worse hand, but I'm happy for them to keep doing it, they'll pay me off in the long run.

zambonidrivr 10-24-2005 08:34 AM

Sorry bud. Can you post the hand history? I believe we were heads up in the pot at this point. I would never do anything like this intentially. In fact, It also would have a negative effect on myself as I'd prefer to get to the bubble as quick as possible. Again, if I am incorrect in this matter, I apologize.

JK

10-24-2005 09:02 AM

If your name is "nicelay"--- then this is the hand which I reported to Party Poker... I can't find the hand history-- it's already been processed by PokerTracker... but if you request this Game #, you should be able to see it:

Game 2918874284

The only thing I reported to PartyPoker was that Game #

It's only a 7 day suspension.

zambonidrivr 10-24-2005 09:12 AM

yeah thats me. i am not overly worried about it.
i have to admit, i'm usually over vocal, but thats just the passion coming through. just checked the hand history, you're right on this one. i couldn't remember as you and i were on 3 tables together at the time.

NH

10-24-2005 09:20 AM

Actually, I was wrong--- I do have the hand history... Also-- I asked if you understood why what you typed was wrong, and didn't receive a response... I asked again, and you said that you didn't understand... If you had replied that you understood, I wouldn't have bothered reporting the hand.

I disappointed that Party didn't explain the reason why your chat was suspended though.

***** Hand History for Game 2918874284 *****
30/60 Tourney Texas Hold'em Game Table (NL) (Tournament 16810212) - Sun Oct 23 08:31:31 EDT 2005
Table Table 66794 (Real Money) -- Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: BV_Winemaker (1595)
Seat 2: Hizzywizzy (785)
Seat 3: Mad4Ker (1140)
Seat 4: Mike_dawg_89 (290)
Seat 5: bad_egg (745)
Seat 6: nicelay (715)
Seat 7: JAM9010 (815)
Seat 9: bbqman02 (1335)
Seat 10: foundahbody (580)
bad_egg posts small blind (15)
nicelay posts big blind (30)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to bad_egg [ Ks, 4s ]
JAM9010 folds.
bbqman02 folds.
foundahbody folds.
BV_Winemaker calls (30)
Hizzywizzy folds.
Mad4Ker folds.
Mike_dawg_89 folds.
bad_egg calls (15)
nicelay checks.
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 6s, Kc, Kh ]
bad_egg checks.
nicelay checks.
BV_Winemaker checks.
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 8d ]
bad_egg checks.
nicelay checks.
BV_Winemaker checks.
** Dealing River ** : [ 7d ]
bad_egg bets (90)
nicelay: i have an 8
nicelay folds.
BV_Winemaker folds.
** Summary **
Main Pot: 180
Board: [ 6s Kc Kh 8d 7d ]
BV_Winemaker balance 1565, lost 30 (folded)
Hizzywizzy balance 785, didn't bet (folded)
Mad4Ker balance 1140, didn't bet (folded)
Mike_dawg_89 balance 290, didn't bet (folded)
bad_egg balance 805, bet 120, collected 180, net +60
nicelay balance 685, lost 30 (folded)
JAM9010 balance 815, didn't bet (folded)
bbqman02 balance 1335, didn't bet (folded)
foundahbody balance 580, didn't bet (folded)

bad_egg: nicelay--- when you said "i have an eight" there was still a person to left to act... you can't do that kind of stuff
bad_egg: nicelay--- do you understand?
--many hands later---
nicelay: bad, your gonna win tha other table
bad_egg: nicelay--- do you understand what i was saying about not discussing your hand with other people to act?
nicelay: ?? sorry, 340572038 tabling
bad_egg: scroll up then
nicelay: not following you there tonto
bad_egg: nevermind then--- i'll have party explain it to you

also--- you didn't win this tournament... you finished 7th.

apology accepted though. good luck at the tables.