Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Oh Danny Boy (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=363222)

SA125 10-23-2005 02:04 PM

Re: Oh Danny Boy

Duke - [ QUOTE ]
If he said "Lou Gehrig dying of Lou Gehrig's disease" I'd agree that it was out of place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy - [ QUOTE ]
Kind of like Lou Gehring dying of Lou Gehrig's disease.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say Duke was probably just being facetious, but I'm not sure how to spell it.

Josh W 10-23-2005 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Duke - [ QUOTE ]
If he said "Lou Gehrig dying of Lou Gehrig's disease" I'd agree that it was out of place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy - [ QUOTE ]
Kind of like Lou Gehring dying of Lou Gehrig's disease.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say Duke was probably just being facetious, but I'm not sure how to spell it.

[/ QUOTE ]

facetious is the shortest word in the English language with all five vowels appearing in alphabetical order. FYI, Sequoia is the shortest word with all 5 vowels (in any order).

Danny woulda known that, too.

Josh

SA125 10-23-2005 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
facetious is the shortest word in the English language with all five vowels appearing in alphabetical order. FYI, Sequoia is the shortest word with all 5 vowels (in any order).

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh W. Cool guy and a brain too boot. Impressive. I'm a sponge for useless info like that.

scotty34 10-23-2005 08:37 PM

So Danny has the nuts and he only calls? Was he hoping for overcalls or what? And Danny has the 3rd nuts closing the action faced with very minimal aggression and he merely calls as well - what's up with that?

Sooga 10-23-2005 10:49 PM

And 'absconder' is the shortest word with the ABCDE in order.

andyfox 10-24-2005 01:33 AM

They all had been playing all night. I've certainly seen stranger river action by fresh players.

RocketManJames 10-24-2005 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
facetious is the shortest word in the English language with all five vowels appearing in alphabetical order.

[/ QUOTE ]

caesious is shorter

Josh W 10-24-2005 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
facetious is the shortest word in the English language with all five vowels appearing in alphabetical order.

[/ QUOTE ]

caesious
is shorter

[/ QUOTE ]

I was lied to as a lad.

I was also told that "Facetiously" was the shortest word with all '6' vowels in alphabetical order. Or are you gonna make me eat my, um, words, again Mr. Rocketmandude?

Josh

RocketManJames 10-24-2005 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was also told that "Facetiously" was the shortest word with all '6' vowels in alphabetical order. Or are you gonna make me eat my, um, words, again Mr. Rocketmandude?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right about facetioiusly being the shortest word using SIX vowels... but there exist words that use the SEVENTH vowel: W

Reference:
cwm crwth

-RMJ

Justin A 10-24-2005 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right about facetioiusly being the shortest word using SIX vowels... but there exist words that use the SEVENTH vowel: W

Reference:
cwm crwth

-RMJ

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot about pwn.