Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Girlfriend Advice Needed (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361670)

octop 10-21-2005 10:35 AM

Re: Girlfriend Advice Needed

I am free to give my opinion, you can choose to ignore it.
I never said you were stupid.
I just said if he does it again you have yourself to blame for allowing it the first time.

vexvelour 10-21-2005 10:59 AM

Fortunately, I do not have to worry about my relationship.

Now, back to the OP.

4_2_it 10-21-2005 11:14 AM

Isn't cheating on someone one year into a relationship much different than one month. Are you really serious after one month?

When I started dating my wife I still dated other girls for the first couple of months until we got serious. Unless OP was in the serious stage after one month, I don't think this is an unpardonable sin.

It all depends on what she thinks the relationship is, right?

(Hey, Vex, I'm not starting a fight because I think you are a good poster, just trying to present a counter point here.)

KaneKungFu123 10-21-2005 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw a movie recently, where one of the guys in it said some of the best advice in regards to this that I have heard. The point he made was that if you really like her, then telling her is the worst thing you can do. The hard part is living with your own pain for having done that. Telling her would just shift the burden of pain to her so that you can "feel betteer" about yourself. That's the weak way out. What you have to do now is learn from your mistake, deal with the pain of knowing that you cheated on her, and then lie to her-- don't tell her, but more importantly, don't do it again. Its not fun, and it would be a lot better if you hadnt done that, but all that doesnt matter anymore. This is the hand you've been dealt, and now you have to proceed from here.

[/ QUOTE ]

so if your gf is sucking some other dudes cock, she is doing the right thing in not telling you?

KaneKungFu123 10-21-2005 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I saw a movie recently, where one of the guys in it said some of the best advice in regards to this that I have heard. The point he made was that if you really like her, then telling her is the worst thing you can do. The hard part is living with your own pain for having done that. Telling her would just shift the burden of pain to her so that you can "feel betteer" about yourself. That's the weak way out. What you have to do now is learn from your mistake, deal with the pain of knowing that you cheated on her, and then lie to her-- don't tell her, but more importantly, don't do it again. Its not fun, and it would be a lot better if you hadnt done that, but all that doesnt matter anymore. This is the hand you've been dealt, and now you have to proceed from here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap! that is some ridiculoulsy good advice. I never really did thought of it that way. I cheated on a gf that I really was in love with many years ago and I've felt like the biggest A-hole ever since. This was the sweetest girl I've ever met and she treated me as the best thing that has ever happened to her. Sadly this wasn't the first time I cheated on past girlfriends. The others I didn't care about but this one really did hurt. It only happened once and it was definately not worth it.

I'm such a jerk and ended up breaking it up with her because I couldn't live with myself. She really was the sweetest girl in the world and I truly felt she deserved someone a whole lot better than me. I know that sometimes when you really love someone you want them to be happy even if that person is not with you.
Even to this day I still feel like crap though, because we're still friends and I never did tell her. I hate to keep this from her but the bottom line is I'm such a coward. Your post does kind of make me feel better. I've definately learnt from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus, you guys are so pathetic.

OP: You aren't doing the right thing by not telling her, you are doing the selfish thing, which is good for you.

HERE IS THE THING: YOU CHEATED ON HER. YOU AREN'T WORTHY OF HAVING HER AS A GIRL FRIEND. YOU ARE A PIECE OF [censored]. YOU ARE NOT DOING HER A BIG FAVOR BY SHEILDING HER FROM THE REAL YOU. GET OVER YOURSELF YOU EGOMANIC! SHE IS BETTER OFF WITHOUT YOU. IF YOU HAD ANY BALLS, YOU'D STOP BEING A LITTLE BITCH AND GO AND TELL HER THE TRUTH.

KaneKungFu123 10-21-2005 12:15 PM

DON'T YOU THINK SHE SHOULD BE THE ONE TO DECIDE IF IT WAS "OKAY BECAUSE YOU WERE DRUNK"?

cero_z 10-21-2005 12:28 PM

Hi KKF,

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus, you guys are so pathetic.

OP: You aren't doing the right thing by not telling her, you are doing the selfish thing, which is good for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

End of thread.

10-21-2005 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

HERE IS THE THING: YOU CHEATED ON HER. YOU AREN'T WORTHY OF HAVING HER AS A GIRL FRIEND. YOU ARE A PIECE OF [censored]. YOU ARE NOT DOING HER A BIG FAVOR BY SHEILDING HER FROM THE REAL YOU. GET OVER YOURSELF YOU EGOMANIC! SHE IS BETTER OFF WITHOUT YOU. IF YOU HAD ANY BALLS, YOU'D STOP BEING A LITTLE BITCH AND GO AND TELL HER THE TRUTH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy on the salsa, hombre

10-21-2005 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've noticed for myself that when I am depressed, woman don't respond very well to me. Fortunately, I feel good about myself right now, and the ladies are responding well too.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Me too. Gotta love the ladies. Running well in the dating world is even better than running well at poker (tho not nearly as profitable.)

jzpiano14 10-21-2005 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am free to give my opinion, you can choose to ignore it.
I never said you were stupid.
I just said if he does it again you have yourself to blame for allowing it the first time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be nice to the lady